mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08scoob View Post
Okay new question. I'm hearing a lot about "automags" lately. I'm gunna be honest, I'm a tippmann, tiberius fan boy and I'm looking to branch out so yeah, automags?
The Cadillac of mechanical markers. Definitely get one with an XValve with ULT (ultra light trigger) for some near-electro performances
Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pearl, Pekko & Molly

MacDev Droid. for $500 you should have no problem buying an entire setup (droid/tank/high end hopper)

I have owned every generation of Droid up to the Clone GT. The GT, in my mind, resembles more a Droid than a Clone. They shoot amazing, great efficiency ergonomically comfortable.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Quote:
I don't have a lot of money, roughly 500 dollars for a whole set-up. gun, hopper, and tank.
It would seem that several people failed to read the first post thoroughly.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Pistols brah

Yeah, ballin on a college student budget -__- honestly at this rate I'm probably going to stick with my tibs and use the money for fees and junk..
08scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Yeah, ballin on a college student budget -__- honestly at this rate I'm probably going to stick with my tibs and use the money for fees and junk..
That works too.....

If you still need a setup.
Used droid is a great choice, maybe a used mini/axe, bob long vice/protege, maybe an ole pm8, etc,etc
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not sure if anyones mentioned it, but you can find built to **** Gen-E/ Dm3's for $80-$150, even if some of them don't have eyes they don't chop when tuned with a good lpr. Mine rips like no tomorrow, and I honestly think my old Gen-E NYX trix was one of the fasted markers I've owned. I thought I had a video of it but don't here's a Toxic ( all the same basically besides milling)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk16GCChNSQ
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Ions go Upgraded on Ebay for like 100$. Honestly homie people hate, but they RIP. Find The right set up on Ebay and you will have a marker you paid 100$ for that sits with the big boys. People hate because its an awesome cheap marker.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #38 (permalink)
Habs fan!

CCM Fan
Given your preference to spool valve markers i would also recommend a droid. Macdev guns have great ergonomics and shoot amazing. Other viable options would be any dm up to the 7-9 range depending on what type of hopper you want with it. Shockers are another great choice and they come with loads of available parts.

If you feel like you want to try something new then by all means go for an axe, they shoot great and are very air efficient. They also are close in feel to some spool valved markers.

For a hopper i would reccomend a z2 prophecy, they have a very steady feed rate and are very easy to tear down for cleaning. On the plus side they will not jam like rotors can be prone to do.

Other hoppers that will work great for you include the Vlocity, halo's and the rotor. Vlocitys and halos are easily found new or used in the $25-80 price range, and to be honest they still feed great when compared to the newer hoppers out there today.

For a tank it is really simple, just buy a 68/4500 with a decent amount of hydro left on it and as little wear as you can find.
Studwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #39 (permalink)

Just an opinion here, but Macdev have the worst ergonomics aside from Vanguard. The frame isn't milled to contour to your hand, the lines are sharp on the body where you wrap your thumb, and the grip frame is too wide for me. I dunno, I think Egos/DMs/Shockers even have better ergos than any Macdev gun including the GT.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport