mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pistols brah

Which electro should I pick?

I've been playing paintball for a few years now, mostly pistol play. I want to get an electro gun to mess around with and try my hand at speedball. I don't have a lot of money, roughly 500 dollars for a whole set-up. gun, hopper, and tank. Any suggestions on a decent gun? I've been looking at the Mini but I'm 6'8 and nervous about the gun being too small. Mainly reliability is the key factor, preferably spool valve (I feel more comfortable with disassembly) thank you for any input
-scoob
08scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

If you are looking new, probably the GoG eXTCy which can be had for right at $250. If you want used, look up the Matrix line either DM's or PM's would be a safe bet to go with. After that you can either choose to pick up a new or used hopper. I would just go with a Rotor and if you check out the forum classifieds, you can find them for less than $130. As far as tanks are concerned, if I am buying new then I would prefer to pick up a Ninja but if I am buying used I will pick up whatever tank I can find with a decent amount of hydro life left, size that I want, and in my price range. A 68ci/4.5k tank would do you nicely.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
You could pick up a droid. Amazing feel in the hands.
Dm up to 10 Mabye or nt. dm is a dm. Nt is like a super hard shooting dm.
Geo.
quest, super cool gun but bad ergonomics.
The exctsy which is an ion.
Shocker Million aftermarket parts

Mini isn't spoolvalved. The shoot decent but I'd recommend a relay Asa reg
Helps with consistency and is an on off

Axe. Alot better feeling that mini and shooting but not a spool

Loaders
New super loader like z2 rotor spire 75-200$
Regular halos. 45$ and up
Valken vmaxx 65$ and up ish

Tanks are anywhere from 75 used up to 200$ new
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
i'd pick up the axe...its bigger then the mini in ergonomics.
there is a drop called the axetenze u can get for it for a longer set up.
reliable, smoother than a geo 2, and flat like a dm.

u should still hold and shoot one to make sure

used ur looking 250-300 for all stock (which is all u need)

tank just get a ninja 68 adjustable, simple and great

loader a simple halo or halo too works just fine which can be bought for like 30 bucks used
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Phone winner.

The etek line of Egos are worth considering. Simple, reliable, and well priced on the used market.
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
New or used? I've seen quite a few ethas listed in the $230-250 range with is an awesome deal as they are solid shooters.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
ton up boy

If you´re dead set on spools, Etha or Dm6-7.
If anything goes, you can´t beat Etek.

Rotor or Pinochio

Any tank with other than Myth reg.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I agree on the dm6-7, fits my hands way better than the newer styles for me, nice and streched out. Axe is another good one. Older bob long marqs can be had for 300-400 range depending where you look, get one that's supercharged. The gun is an inline poppet, but to me it shoots almost like a spool.

Used rotor 100 tops, i suggest just buy a rotor or newer hopper due to getting your money back if you need to sell it, its hard to sell an older halo right now.

Used hpa can be had for fairly cheap, bought my ninja 68/4500 for 100 bucks and was only 1 month old.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I'd go with a used Axe for around $300. Don't even worry if it's 'broken'. Empire offers a lifetime warrenty that transfers to whoever owns the gun; you can buy an Invert Mini from 2006 and they will still send you free replacement parts or orings. Also replacement parts a super cheap if you ever have to pay for one in a pinch (solenoid $30, Shockwave board $28, etc...) They are a very simple design with little that can go wrong. Their stock performance is very impressive, but with a $35 Boss bolt it will make it way smoother and a little more efficient. My Mini with Boss bolt shoots in 290's with 3ms dwell and 140psi, and it way smoother than any spool I've ever shot but still has the reliability of a poppet. If you go with an Axe, try to get one with the Shockwave board.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I'd go with a used Axe for around $300. Don't even worry if it's 'broken'. Empire offers a lifetime warrenty that transfers to whoever owns the gun; you can buy an Invert Mini from 2006 and they will still send you free replacement parts or orings. Also replacement parts a super cheap if you ever have to pay for one in a pinch (solenoid $30, Shockwave board $28, etc...) They are a very simple design with little that can go wrong. Their stock performance is very impressive, but with a $35 Boss bolt it will make it way smoother and a little more efficient. My Mini with Boss bolt shoots in 290's with 3ms dwell and 140psi, and it way smoother than any spool I've ever shot but still has the reliability of a poppet. If you go with an Axe, try to get one with the Shockwave board.
X2.

I'm no Mini fan boy, would likely never own one as I'm a poppet guy. But this is all SOOOO TRUE. Get one. I've shot plenty, the Axe is a good size (minis a bit small but solid too)

Last edited by 99BPS; 01-22-2013 at 06:29 PM.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport