mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #201 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
EDIT: I cant read today. I thought you already did it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #202 (permalink)
New guy!

I usually play rec/woods ball and started with heavy 98 customs, but I got the chance to use a VSC Phantom a long while ago, bought my own and got used to playing with a light weight set up. Though, being able to spray paint isnt so bad either..
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #203 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Oh, I should mention that's only for people that rage and play too rough with newbies. I don't bonus ball :P
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #204 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Basically, I started playing pump when I was introduced to the sport. I have a wallhanger Bloodsucker 2 I am currently restoring but recently picked up a half-block trilogy thats getting converted to pump. I shot the Trilogy upon arrival and noticed in it's mech form, combined with a CP .685 single bore barrel it was one of the most accurate guns I have ever shot. I own a Freak but haven't had the pleasure to use it yet. I am awaiting a CP reg for the gun now, but if it's as accurate setup as mech, then holy cow, it will make a sweet little pump to play with on my budget.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #205 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I like pump just because it's cheaper really. I can put the money I would otherwise spend on paint alone towards playing again next weekend or the next or the next after that.

Same game, similar gun, it just shoots differently. And you get to play more

After that, there's just a nice spirit about playing pump. With electros, your gun does a lot of the work for you. You can play skillfully and do well with an electro. but with a pump it's a necessity. Finesse is a requirement haha.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #206 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
I like pump just because it's cheaper really. I can put the money I would otherwise spend on paint alone towards playing again next weekend or the next or the next after that.

Same game, similar gun, it just shoots differently. And you get to play more

After that, there's just a nice spirit about playing pump. With electros, your gun does a lot of the work for you. You can play skillfully and do well with an electro. but with a pump it's a necessity. Finesse is a requirement haha.
This x 100. Nothing beats buying a bag and have it last (depending on your hopper size and playing style) at least 2 weekends sometimes 3 (usually stretch it to 3 if I play SC on the final 100 rounds or so) and once you've bought into a high end pump gun there's not much to be improved upon so you get less GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) then you would with electros as they seem to get faster and lighter and new features every year

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #207 (permalink)
Love for Paintball

Pump guns are fun. I have a hammer 7 and it really is lots of fun to play with. Not to say I go hunting and also use pump gun, my 700 remmington for dock hunting. Pump guns are lots of fun

Over 1500 fans on Facebook:

https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage
AJpaintball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #208 (permalink)
Post Whore

I pump, because that's what everyone else uses. I enjoy the people I play with, and the people I play with play with pumps. Even when I played with semi's I'd stick a home-made cram and jam on it. I respected the way they wanted to play, and played that way.

I also use a pump because the harder it is to play, the faster I learn.

I went to play my third game of my life against Mar and Deek. Let me tell you, I quickly became known at the field for being unable to hit the broadside of a barn, but damned if I'm gonna give you anything to shoot at.

People having a hard time hitting me has allowed me to get better at hitting what I aim at. And now I can almost hold those guys into a bunker. I've come a long way in 3 seasons from buying my first marker, to being a thorn in everyones side. I'm not dangerous enough for people to follow my every move, but I'm dangerous enough to be a thorn in everyones sides.

I would attribute this to playing pump. I was forced to play tighter and aim better because I couldn't rely on a pod of paint to eliminate people.

Now I play pump because I enjoy it and I've come to really like the low key games we play. I'm not interested in taking a handful of shots, I play to have fun and I have the most fun when I play pump with the people that play pump with me.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #209 (permalink)
MCB Member

i use pump because throwing live chickens at the opposing team is no longer acceptable
plan_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #210 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Playing pump is great. I also have an AXE, I was going through a case and a half and so was my son with his ETEK 3 AM, for three cases every weekend.

About 10 months ago I purchase a pump. It took some getting used to and really improved my game. My 16-year-old son tried it out and got a pump too. Surprisingly we rarely get out electros to the field anymore, fact is a few months ago we just started leaving them at home.

Now paintball is much more fun. We are much more active on the field, our field communication is better; we are making more kills and playing a much smarter and strategic game. The challenge facing players with a higher rate of fire with our pumps and beating them is a great reward all to itself.

Our paintball is now more simple and economical. We each take a fraction of the gear we used to lug to the field; we take a marker, a 50 and 100 round gravity hopper, 13/3000 tank, barrel (and inserts) and a 50 round pod, plus the assorted microfiber towels, swabs, barrel cover and a small tool kit.

No more 10 full size pods, harnesses, battery powered hoppers, extra batteries for the markers and the hoppers, back-up hoppers and markers, large 45/4500 & 68/4500 tanks and all the other stuff we used to take. Not to mention the three cases of paint. We did a good job of filling the back of my son's SUV with stuff.

Instead of going through 3 cases in a day, we are now down to 2 bags...that's right from 6000 paintballs down to under 1000. Are we having as much fun, yes- in fact we both prefer it. Not such a surprise for the old man, but my 16 year old prefers it too.

Now a lot of our friends have purchased pumps as well. Seems we are having a much better time, playing better and coming home with a few less welts.

Last edited by David A.; 09-02-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport