mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #261 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by szary[PL] View Post
I like how you call a 40 round ammo box a "big" hopper. I would as well for that matter, but GXG sucks sweaty balls, so for the moment i'm stuck with a huge 200 round one (and my open class pump is an autococker at the moment).
It is interesting to see other players faces when I mention that I brought my "big hopper".

Got a spring coverd scope cover as a lid and load it with 10 round tubes. I got some times were I had to shake and re-shake but it works great, it is really fast to refill the hopper and dump tubes in my dump pouch. With 250 balls in hopper and tubes I stayed on the field for about an hour without having to refill my tubes.
steeltoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #262 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I do it for the pop-shots
Old 07-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #263 (permalink)
I hate babies

I don't get the whole money argument for pump. it's a nill argument.

You don't need to shoot a bag of paint every game just because you use an electro. In Recball I use a mini with a rotor and almost never use more then half a hopper in a game (that's with out controlling my self and laying some cover fire). It takes 1 hit to take some one out, doesn't matter if you shoot it with a pump, arirow, mech or electro. just don't go spraying paint all over and ramping at bunkers just because you can. You could just as well go ATing that bunker with your pump and waste half a bag of paint shooting at nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I love pumps, but the whole "you save money over playing electro" argument... it's pretty weak.

Personally, my play style doesn't change just because of the type of marker that's in my hand. Pumping is good to refine some techniques and to add a little bit of complexity.
nooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #264 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

As for why I play pump...it's purely a way to mix it up. I'll play nothing but stock for a while, get bored, and use my eNMEy for a few months. A little while later, I'll decide I want to use my Sniper for a while. When that gets old, I'll break out a pistol. I'm currently on a hardcore mech 'Cocker kick; it's only a matter of time 'til that gets boring and I go back to one of my pumps.

Mixing up play styles keeps the game fresh and helps me not get burnt out.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #265 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Mixing up play styles keeps the game fresh and helps me not get burnt out.
This in spades...

As for the money aspect, if I have a mech or electro in my hands I will shoot more. Pump and especially stock class imposes a physical limit which slows me down. I understand I could just play with any gun the same way, but the physical nature if a stock class pump keeps me mentally aware to shoot less. I imagine this is the same with other pumpers.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #266 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooh View Post
I don't get the whole money argument for pump. it's a nill argument.

You don't need to shoot a bag of paint every game just because you use an electro. In Recball I use a mini with a rotor and almost never use more then half a hopper in a game (that's with out controlling my self and laying some cover fire). It takes 1 hit to take some one out, doesn't matter if you shoot it with a pump, arirow, mech or electro. just don't go spraying paint all over and ramping at bunkers just because you can. You could just as well go ATing that bunker with your pump and waste half a bag of paint shooting at nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I love pumps, but the whole "you save money over playing electro" argument... it's pretty weak.

Personally, my play style doesn't change just because of the type of marker that's in my hand. Pumping is good to refine some techniques and to add a little bit of complexity.
Im not advocating for or against pump, but I do in fact use less paint with a pump than with my other markers. I use an Automag pump and it has no AT, so it only shoots as fast as I can pump/shoot. As for changing my style of play, I do depending on the marker I'm using. If I have my RTing Xvalved Mag, I tend to play more of a cover fire, heavy gunner, back player or whatever and I lay some paint down. It's kind of what that marker is for. I don't use my electros very often, but when I did, I tended to use more paint just because I could. Yes, there is such a thing as self control, but it's also fun to let loose. Could I use less paint and thus spend less money and still use a mech/electro? Sure, but I do tend to take on a different role depending on the marker I've chosen to use. However, if I want to insure I am using less paint, in my case choosing my pump is definitely going to force this issue. I would be very hard pressed to use as much paint with it in a day of play as I could with some of my other markers.
OPBN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #267 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I play pump because every freaking electro I get breaks. Well that may be part of it but the real reason is because its fun. I get absolutely no enjoyment out of playing with an electro. I find it way too easy. It's easy to just sit in the back and fling paint and get eliminations.

I love the thrill of pump. I like moving up, getting awesome shots on people. I love it when I'm snap shooting with someone who's ramping and I one ball them and get them out. Now that doesn't happen all the time but it happens quite often.

Pump has made me a better player and makes the game fun. I don't care about how it saves me money. If I was worried about saving money I wouldn't play paintball.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #268 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

I play pump for teh LuLz
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #269 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I play pump for teh LuLz
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #270 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I play pump for teh LuLz
Z0mfg put ur pumpz away u 1337 h4xz0r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport