mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Pumps are the lightsabres of paintball.

This guy said it best.

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">An elegant weapon for a more civilized age - YouTube&fs=1" />An elegant weapon for a more civilized age - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An elegant weapon for a more civilized age - YouTube
Tyler_Derden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Pumps are the lightsabres of paintball.

This guy said it best.

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age - YouTube
Tyler_Derden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

Back when I started playing there were only Nelspots, Splatmasters and the occasional Sheridan. It was a slower more deliberate game.
I've played with an electro and I can still walk a trigger.
I run modified stockclass(10 round tubes) and my guns (2 Phantom's & 1 stick fed Automag) are very light rigs with a shotgun shell belt slung bandolier style across my chest. I can move around & be sneaky without 20 pounds of pods & gun slowing me down.
I play pump because its relaxing. I can play the deliberate game that I want to and because I'm running with a handicap (can't do 8~12bps) there is no performance pressure to win. I'm having fun. I have more fun in an even fight than I do when my team just rolls the other side. Plus I can play with and teach new players without them worrying that I will light them up. I also shoot more in practice than I do on the field and my snap shooting shows it. Don't get me wrong I'll go toe to toe with Luxes on the Airball field I just don't dump 1/2 a case a game.
As a bonus on rare occasions when I do use a semi its like playing on God mode
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

I have yet to have the opportunity to play pump, but I have been looking into it more and more simply as a money saver.

My issue becomes will I stand a chance against guys who run semi in speed ball games? Lol
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I started off with a Nelspot and a splatmaster and when I got my Cobra it was a huge step up being I was running off a tank and had a 50 round hopper! Take that you 10 round Nelspots lol. My love of the pump game is its more of a strategy game and you have to make each shot count because unlike a semi or full auto you cant just cant go spray and pray after pulling the trigger you got to make them count.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
1) I got sick of buying $100+ cases of paint
2) It was where I started in 2004. I started with an old Trracer in my hands and learned fire control and how to snap shoot with it.
3)It is alot of fun and nothing feels better then getting those hard eliminations on the electro-semi-ramper with one or two well place shots some where they cannot wipe off
4)Not as intimidating sounding on the field as the latest spacegun.
5)I love my pump and the odd looks I get running a Rotor/Spire/V-Max/Halo on it from the tournament guys
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I have yet to have the opportunity to play pump, but I have been looking into it more and more simply as a money saver.

My issue becomes will I stand a chance against guys who run semi in speed ball games? Lol
At first, quiet honestly, no. But you will learn to be able to hold your own. Can I keep toe to toe with the D3 airball team at my local field? Probably not. Can I out play most of the simi-wielding walk ons? yeah if I'm playing well. Just remember, all the fancy guns and high rates of fire doesn't do sh*t if you shoot em in the back. Even the best players in the world have a hard time playing against people who flank well.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Paintball is a game. Using a pump gun is like turning on Hard mode. its just a lot more fun and rewarding if you beat a game playing on hard rather than on easy. i can give you a hundred reasons but the only important one is it is just simply just way more fun.
StockClassPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post

Just starting out no. Once you get your snap shooting & movement down yes. Do not try and go head to head with a semi. Flank them or snap shoot them. Also getting into a long balling fight against a semi to me is a loosing proposition. I prefer to shoot them in the side or back or so damn close I can't miss. People see me walk on with a pump and think I'm gonna play back the do a double take when I'm at the center 50 or running up the tape.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
Pump will improve your skills and make you think more. Nothing is more rewarding than being 40+ and taking out men half your age that are using electros. Its all tactics. Nothing pisses off a bunch of trigger happy electros then taking them out with 1 shot. I guess it doesn't help when I say you sissy, you just shot a whole hopper and didn't hit me - LMAO. In my best voice - Like the nights who say Ni....
swantrevor is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport