mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
How does it look from the side? Any fitting issues? Did you have to modify the helmet in any way?

I want two DRVs and two Airow Guns so I can play out my manifest destiny fantasies.
JasonSaastad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSaastad View Post
How does it look from the side? Any fitting issues? Did you have to modify the helmet in any way?
I can get pictures later from the side. I didn't have to modify the helmet. I would recommend drilling a few holes to vent the heat near the top.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

just curious if you want a helmet for pure protection or you are going for a certain look?

My gf who's pretty on the girly side gets by with a sandana and a really nice beanie. Unless ppl are shooting hot she doesnt have an issue with getting shot in the dome.

She's never been shot and freaked (except the first time when she was shot in the trigger finger in march) so i would try a dry run minus the helmet and if she takes one to the dome and freaks then make the investent.
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Cousins View Post
just curious if you want a helmet for pure protection or you are going for a certain look?

My gf who's pretty on the girly side gets by with a sandana and a really nice beanie. Unless ppl are shooting hot she doesnt have an issue with getting shot in the dome.

She's never been shot and freaked (except the first time when she was shot in the trigger finger in march) so i would try a dry run minus the helmet and if she takes one to the dome and freaks then make the investent.
My girlfriend has expressed reluctance in even playing if she isn't fully protected. If nothing else, i've got myself a new helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Cousins View Post

Both.

Most times I've played, I have taken multiple shots to the head. Last time I played I took two to the top of the forehead within 5 minutes of each other.

My most fond memory of a near-concussion-experience was when I was hit near the temple by a ball that did not break and lost my hearing for a few minutes.

I want two DRVs and two Airow Guns so I can play out my manifest destiny fantasies.

Last edited by JasonSaastad; 02-12-2013 at 07:49 PM.
JasonSaastad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

I love mine...

[IMG][/IMG]

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Another vote for the Flex8. I bounce between my EFlex and Grill on regular walk on days, and usually rock the Flex8 for scenarios. They can be a little warm in the summer but not as bad as one might think, and likely WAY less heat retaining than a helmet. There have been several times where I was glad I had it. Easily the best full coverage mask out there.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Predator Predlocs - Shop
no? would this allow the use use of any mask type and she could pick her own colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Here's a review I wrote if this helps:

Gen X Global Helmet:

Gen X Global | Paintball Products

I was at a recent Super Game in Oregon:

Supergame

I knew I would need some head protection and decided to buy a Tony Hawk Skate helmet. Well after modifying it and making it fit,it still didn't feel comfortable. So I went out with just a bandana and ended up taking a head shot. Yea it hurt.

So the next day at the event I decided to check out Extreme Velocity venders booth to see if anything new had been placed out.

Extreme Velocity -- Cheap Paintball Guns, evil paintball, Paintball Masks, reloaders

Then I saw it,the GEN X GLOBAL helmet. It was very light weight and just the perfect color,OD Green. This is a Kevlar shaped helmet.

I tried it on with my DYE I3 and it was a perfect fit. The cost to me was just $14.00,but that could have been Event Day Special Price.
The problem I have always had with helmets, dealers couldnot tell me if they would fit with my Mask or not. That's the advantage of being at big events or your local shops selling them. Vendors are your best friends at Big Events.

This is a real nice set up. I was able to use my fan underneath it and even when I didn't use my fan,I didn't fog up for several hours. However I was using Fog Doc

Fogdoc - Your Prescription to Clarity - Antifog and Steam Removal

on my lenses,so that helped alot. I thought that the helmet provided enough air flow to keep me cool. I sweat alot,and I didn't notice an excessive sweating with the helmet on my head.

I did take a few shots on the head and I could hear them instead of feeling them,which made my day more enjoyable. I knew when I was hit in the head,because of the ECHO PING that I could hear. I got a paint check and a few times there weren't any breaks,but Ricochets off the helmet.

Personally I feel it's well worth the price for head protection. I've taken a few that have hurt and for those who are still shooting Monster Ball this might just be your best protection against the painful hit assocciated with the paint.

Head shots aren't nice and I would advise anyone to buy head protection. I finally got lucky finding what really fit and actually worked for me. Plus it gives you that great milsim look.

So just follow links I posted and give the fine folks at Extreme Velcoity a call.

I imagine if I put slits in the bill area I could get better ventilation for my fan system,but it works great for now as is.

Side view:

Rear view of who distributes the helmet,so I take it that GEN X GLOBAL does the distibution to dealers:

Adjustable webbing:

Single strap security:

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
^^^ Pretty much the same for me.

I should add, I had a friend shoot me point blink(as in barrel tip touching the helmet) my head didn't feel a thing. But my ears sure did.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
^^^ Pretty much the same for me.

I should add, I had a friend shoot me point blink(as in barrel tip touching the helmet) my head didn't feel a thing. But my ears sure did.
I love his story that he tells why he wears that helmet.

IIRC, some new renter on his team shot him point blank in the back of the head.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport