mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
boo
Banned

paintball format suggestion 10 round limit aka cali rules

I was thinking of a new format for the game, has this been done?

No restrictions on markers, full auto, first strike, etc. Only rule is they have to be .68 caliber.

Markers are limited to 10 round tubes or magazines. Spring loaded clips are allowed. No more then 12 rounds may be in the marker (to allow for reload error if 1 is in the breach and 1 in the feedneck). Markers with super long feedknecks (think agd powerfeed)or elbows will only be allowed to carry a clip or tube with 10 rounds minus any more then the 2 balls they can fit in their feedkneck and breach.

Rock and cock (ball tube parallel to the breach) will be allowed up to 20 balls in accordance with the stock class ruling.

No hoppers of any kind allowed. No speed loaders (devices attached to the gun that hold extra tubes or magazines).

Playing akimbo (2 guns) is allowed with a limit of 8 rounds per marker with a 9th in the breach. No more then 2 makers allowed and if playing this style you are not allowed to holster at any time. If you holster the marker it is considered disabled and will not be allowed to be pulled out again the remainder of the game. Both markers must be in play throughout the game.

I have a bunch of different types of markers from pumps to electros along with an automag rt. I enjoy collecting them and it would be fun to rotate around from game to game within the same format.

Anyone tried a format like this? Any markers that would be excluded without easy modification? Assuming equipment is inspected before anyone think of a way to skirt the rules for an unfair advantage?

Last edited by boo; 03-07-2013 at 12:16 PM.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
There is something similar out there. 2/10 I think its called. 2 men per team and 10 rounds per. Search for that and check it out. Not exactly what you are talking about but the idea is similar.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
So to clarify...

As long as there is no more than 10 rounds in the feed, you can carry as much paint as you want? or is the amount on the person limited as well?

I like the idea as that is how I play my regular game. But with nothing more than an open class gun and 10rnd tubes I can easily burn through a lot of paint!

However if you are looking for ease of tourniment rules. I found the Gravity League rules to be the simplist.

Pump, 3 v 3, 40 rnds per player per game...thats it. (well there are more but they are the standard rules for any tourney...)

The bonus to limiting the number of paintballs is that it will automaticly force people to not shoot that much...
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Unlimited paint, you can carry however you want, but, no more then the ruled amount may be in your gun or touching your gun at one time.

I think it would be the perfect ruleset to include every type of player, military wanabees, rental mentals, run and gun, space dildo electros, old timey pumpers, mechanical, etc.

Nobody has to modify their stock class guns to fit in some rule set that changes year to year. I don't have to modify the trigger on my RT. Even on full auto you could never shoot more then 12 balls per second because you have to reload. People can still play electros with spring loaded hoppers instead of missfiring all the time with gravity fed hoppers.

The idea is this ruleset acts as an equalizer but still allows every type of marker. You can spray a bunch of paint if you want but you won't hold back a pump player from advancing because you have to reload all the time.

Play with as much or as little paint as you want, but if your playing with a lot of paint your going to be spending a lot of time reloading and getting shot, so it won't be to anyone's advantage.

Last edited by boo; 03-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Gazoo Send a message via MSN to Gazoo Send a message via Yahoo to Gazoo

We play just 10 ball. Meaning, all you get is 10 rounds, no other with you. Doesnt matter if semi, full or pump. No reloading at all.
Makes it real fun.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
We play just 10 ball. Meaning, all you get is 10 rounds, no other with you. Doesnt matter if semi, full or pump. No reloading at all.
Makes it real fun.
We play a similar version of this called "Birthday Ball" at Splattttland.

You get 1 paintball for each opponent. There is a 10 round tube in the center of the field.

The field is marked out about 25X60 yards.

Any type of gun allowed.

Go for it.

If you make it to mid-field and can snatch up that 10 round tube, good for you, you can load it up and blast away.

We've lately modified this to ten rounds only in the gun, which is also nice.

You get a lot of paintball, for a little paint.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Twin-Gun Terror

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
We play a similar version of this called "Birthday Ball" at Splattttland.

You get 1 paintball for each opponent. There is a 10 round tube in the center of the field.

The field is marked out about 25X60 yards.

Any type of gun allowed.

Go for it.

If you make it to mid-field and can snatch up that 10 round tube, good for you, you can load it up and blast away.

We've lately modified this to ten rounds only in the gun, which is also nice.

You get a lot of paintball, for a little paint.
That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun!
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
My group back at home play the "Pistol" series.

12 grams powered, 30 rounds and must be tube fed/horizontal feed.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

2/10 Paintball Association <----- check it out

Some friends and I used to play this way all the time. It allows for quick games that don't use a lot of paint. Pair that with a reasonably seasoned group of walkons and you've got an awesome mini tournament.

The only thing that bugs me is who do they call for support on those regs? Mr. H? He'd be all "ahhh brah no your uhhh regamajiger is umm like broke...ahahahah hhhhhh"
slider325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
I usually get ridiculed for suggesting such games yet they're the most fun.
I used to play 1 v 1 stock class games where you would get two tubes each, but the tubes had to last you two games in a row. It was a really interesting way to play and see the games develop.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport