mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   ACI maverick feed neck removal? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/229924-aci-maverick-feed-neck-removal.html)

ironboy360 03-27-2013 09:21 PM

ACI maverick feed neck removal?

HI! thanks for looking...My first post and a silly question....Ive playing pump for almost a year and LOVE it from the very first time actually only 2 persons playing pump on the fields I play...... recently I pick an ACI maverick in new conditions but I want to modify it to stock class I want to try stock class but dont want to spent a lot on a phantom Ive seen some aci mod to stock class and read that is possible to remove the feed neck.... But how? It looks like is threaded but so thigh I cant unscrew I dont want to use pliers or tools that can scratch the surface of the feed neck until Im sure it can be unscrew... Like i said the ACI is like new if is possible Ill use the tools but if not any other advice into converting it to stock class... I want to use the phantom adapter for this project.... Thanks more questions coming up

ZZ rai 03-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironboy360 (Post 2666950)
HI! thanks for looking...My first post and a silly question....Ive playing pump for almost a year and LOVE it from the very first time actually only 2 persons playing pump on the fields I play...... recently I pick an ACI maverick in new conditions but I want to modify it to stock class I want to try stock class but dont want to spent a lot on a phantom Ive seen some aci mod to stock class and read that is possible to remove the feed neck.... But how? It looks like is threaded but so thigh I cant unscrew I dont want to use pliers or tools that can scratch the surface of the feed neck until Im sure it can be unscrew... Like i said the ACI is like new if is possible Ill use the tools but if not any other advice into converting it to stock class... I want to use the phantom adapter for this project.... Thanks more questions coming up

ACI Maverick's feedneck is not threaded, it is welded. To take it off you will need some tools. Probably, first cutting it off and then grinding it down. You will need to tap a screw hole with the same size as the one use by the Phantom stick feed to hold it in place. Lastly, you will also need to cut out the right side's pump arm because it interferes with the feed.

-=ArchAngel=- 03-28-2013 12:02 AM

i thought some of them arent welded, but press fitted on?

K_Obeastly 03-28-2013 01:43 AM

I've had a tracer that was press fit, I think the later ones were the ones with the two piece press fit necks.

PBpancake 03-28-2013 03:46 AM

Mine was press fit as well. I've never seen one with a welded feedneck

K_Obeastly 03-28-2013 05:41 AM

oh and sorry, my post didn't answer the original question. I destroyed mine taking it out. You may have success using a torch and I would advice turning it counter clockwise after applying the heat just in case it is threaded.(stranger things have happened)

monty 03-28-2013 09:43 AM

Mine is welded. I think its too much trouble unless your already tooled up.

Schmitti 03-28-2013 01:05 PM

Mavericks came in two version... the first was the 3rd Gen Traccer (spy) and had the same press fit (I actually think it was threaded and glued) 1" feed as the original tracer. Then.... several years went buy (read as about 5 to 6) and ACI was about to go out of business and they found all off these parts in the back of the warehouse and realized they could put them together as complete guns. I have a feeling that the bodies were complete, but they wanted to compete with other pumps which were pretty much using a standard 7/8" feed neck, so they removed the old feeds (forcefully) and welded new feeds on... and then did a really ****ty job of ano-ing the guns.

So the "newest" Mavericks, the last ones, have a welded 7/8" feed and a piss poor ano, vs the previous guns with 1" feeds (which you can stick a 10 round tube in) and the beautiful Military grade black hard anodizing.

E

ironboy360 03-29-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmitti (Post 2667580)
Mavericks came in two version... the first was the 3rd Gen Traccer (spy) and had the same press fit (I actually think it was threaded and glued) 1" feed as the original tracer. Then.... several years went buy (read as about 5 to 6) and ACI was about to go out of business and they found all off these parts in the back of the warehouse and realized they could put them together as complete guns. I have a feeling that the bodies were complete, but they wanted to compete with other pumps which were pretty much using a standard 7/8" feed neck, so they removed the old feeds (forcefully) and welded new feeds on... and then did a really ****ty job of ano-ing the guns.

So the "newest" Mavericks, the last ones, have a welded 7/8" feed and a piss poor ano, vs the previous guns with 1" feeds (which you can stick a 10 round tube in) and the beautiful Military grade black hard anodizing.

E

Mine is 1" an looks like is threaded any advice in how to prosed without damaging the feed neck to a point that wont be possible to reuse it...

ZZ rai 03-30-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmitti (Post 2667580)

E

He's right. Check out the pictures of the receivers I have.

This one is from a Maverick:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ray/null-9.jpg

And this one is also from a Maverick and more recent version:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ray/null-8.jpg

So yeah, that confirms it. Depending on what receiver you have. But even if you have the press fit model, you will still have to use tool to completely remove the feedneck in or to properly mount a Phantom stockclass feed on there.