mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

ACI maverick feed neck removal?

HI! thanks for looking...My first post and a silly question....Ive playing pump for almost a year and LOVE it from the very first time actually only 2 persons playing pump on the fields I play...... recently I pick an ACI maverick in new conditions but I want to modify it to stock class I want to try stock class but dont want to spent a lot on a phantom Ive seen some aci mod to stock class and read that is possible to remove the feed neck.... But how? It looks like is threaded but so thigh I cant unscrew I dont want to use pliers or tools that can scratch the surface of the feed neck until Im sure it can be unscrew... Like i said the ACI is like new if is possible Ill use the tools but if not any other advice into converting it to stock class... I want to use the phantom adapter for this project.... Thanks more questions coming up
ironboy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironboy360 View Post
HI! thanks for looking...My first post and a silly question....Ive playing pump for almost a year and LOVE it from the very first time actually only 2 persons playing pump on the fields I play...... recently I pick an ACI maverick in new conditions but I want to modify it to stock class I want to try stock class but dont want to spent a lot on a phantom Ive seen some aci mod to stock class and read that is possible to remove the feed neck.... But how? It looks like is threaded but so thigh I cant unscrew I dont want to use pliers or tools that can scratch the surface of the feed neck until Im sure it can be unscrew... Like i said the ACI is like new if is possible Ill use the tools but if not any other advice into converting it to stock class... I want to use the phantom adapter for this project.... Thanks more questions coming up
ACI Maverick's feedneck is not threaded, it is welded. To take it off you will need some tools. Probably, first cutting it off and then grinding it down. You will need to tap a screw hole with the same size as the one use by the Phantom stick feed to hold it in place. Lastly, you will also need to cut out the right side's pump arm because it interferes with the feed.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

i thought some of them arent welded, but press fitted on?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've had a tracer that was press fit, I think the later ones were the ones with the two piece press fit necks.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Laissez Bon Temps Roulet!

Mine was press fit as well. I've never seen one with a welded feedneck
"Check this out, each and every one of you. Compilation tape, of my own making. I call this the "Greatest Zooks Album". Featuring artists like, well I got some Hendrix on there, some Joplin, Mama Cass, Belushi... all great artists that asphyxiated on their own vomit!"

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PBpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

oh and sorry, my post didn't answer the original question. I destroyed mine taking it out. You may have success using a torch and I would advice turning it counter clockwise after applying the heat just in case it is threaded.(stranger things have happened)

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Mine is welded. I think its too much trouble unless your already tooled up.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Mavericks came in two version... the first was the 3rd Gen Traccer (spy) and had the same press fit (I actually think it was threaded and glued) 1" feed as the original tracer. Then.... several years went buy (read as about 5 to 6) and ACI was about to go out of business and they found all off these parts in the back of the warehouse and realized they could put them together as complete guns. I have a feeling that the bodies were complete, but they wanted to compete with other pumps which were pretty much using a standard 7/8" feed neck, so they removed the old feeds (forcefully) and welded new feeds on... and then did a really ****ty job of ano-ing the guns.

So the "newest" Mavericks, the last ones, have a welded 7/8" feed and a piss poor ano, vs the previous guns with 1" feeds (which you can stick a 10 round tube in) and the beautiful Military grade black hard anodizing.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Mavericks came in two version... the first was the 3rd Gen Traccer (spy) and had the same press fit (I actually think it was threaded and glued) 1" feed as the original tracer. Then.... several years went buy (read as about 5 to 6) and ACI was about to go out of business and they found all off these parts in the back of the warehouse and realized they could put them together as complete guns. I have a feeling that the bodies were complete, but they wanted to compete with other pumps which were pretty much using a standard 7/8" feed neck, so they removed the old feeds (forcefully) and welded new feeds on... and then did a really ****ty job of ano-ing the guns.

So the "newest" Mavericks, the last ones, have a welded 7/8" feed and a piss poor ano, vs the previous guns with 1" feeds (which you can stick a 10 round tube in) and the beautiful Military grade black hard anodizing.

E
Mine is 1" an looks like is threaded any advice in how to prosed without damaging the feed neck to a point that wont be possible to reuse it...

Last edited by ironboy360; 03-29-2013 at 01:44 PM.
ironboy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post

E
He's right. Check out the pictures of the receivers I have.

This one is from a Maverick:

And this one is also from a Maverick and more recent version:

So yeah, that confirms it. Depending on what receiver you have. But even if you have the press fit model, you will still have to use tool to completely remove the feedneck in or to properly mount a Phantom stockclass feed on there.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport