mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #71 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I second this. Also bring a backup gun if you can. I had my two main guns go down at the scenario this past weekend.

I didn't read the whole thread, but hydration is key. Don't over exert yourself early, remember the game is at least 8 hours.

Which scenario are you going to?
Murphy's law, every time I don't bring my Phantom out in backpack my AT85 craps the bed on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Some might find that a turn on, I cater to differing tastes by including a hot chic and a middle aged overweight guy in a mankini.
Gustav12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
Newbie/IFAR/Murphy

Oh please don't mention Murphy's law lmao. The NSR guys have decided to rename me 'Murphy' as a result of that law applying to every aspect of my life lol.

Yes, I picked up a basic parts kits for the A5. Also have a spare tac cap if the hopper breaks, 3 or 4 spare springs and an extra drive pin. I did also recently get a TPX, which I generally use as a primary in close quarters fields. I will be bringing both.

Oh and no need for batteries as I don't bother with an E-Grip.

- Pain fades, pride stays -
Asphyxxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
If you don't run an egrip but want a decent rate of fire then getting a response trigger for your A5 isn't a bad option.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Newbie/IFAR/Murphy

I try not to spew paint too much, I'm trying to learn to better pick and choose my shots.

And to everyone who suggested stripping the gun down to bare bones, the biggest reason I didn't before was because the auto cocker doesn't fit properly in the marker. I use the shroud to hold my barrel on properly, as it only takes a quarter turn to dislodge it. However, I decided to just say 'screw it' and replaced the SAW stock with a basic end cap, and took the shroud off. I improvised with electrical tape so the barrel doesn't wiggle. I've taken about 5-6 lbs off the A5 and its now down to 2' 4" in length.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
Disposable Assassin

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
You should post up in the regional section or the scenario section to see if any of us are going to the game. Maybe you can link up with some veteran scenario guys and roll with them. I know Apoc and Russc are out in that area, not sure who else is at the moment. I think the Citrus Connection guys might be around there. I can't remember if they are in BC or somewhere east.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #76 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
You should post up in the regional section or the scenario section to see if any of us are going to the game. Maybe you can link up with some veteran scenario guys and roll with them. I know Apoc and Russc are out in that area, not sure who else is at the moment. I think the Citrus Connection guys might be around there. I can't remember if they are in BC or somewhere east.
just like he said. since we have people that can give tips help on what expect or helping hand. since most games can be overwhelming or challenge for some. i been luck to only play at fields i use to playing all time. so know area every well. just take your time when first start out so you can learn field or play of game. since some will be fast pace other slow and go base on field or how many on it at one time.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #77 (permalink)
Newbie/IFAR/Murphy

I checked a while ago but could only find the Operation Overlord thread from 2010. However, I do know Russel and will be going with the rest of the North Shore Renegades. They'll show me the ropes

Old 06-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #78 (permalink)
Disposable Assassin

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxxia View Post
I checked a while ago but could only find the Operation Overlord thread from 2010. However, I do know Russel and will be going with the rest of the North Shore Renegades. They'll show me the ropes
Cool. I know Orange from Citrus Connection is on MCB, but I can't remember what part of Canada they are in. You could probably PM him and ask.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #79 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Southern Ontario. I see those guys at almost every big event down here.

Quote:
Cool. I know Orange from Citrus Connection is on MCB, but I can't remember what part of Canada they are in. You could probably PM him and ask.
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #80 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Water in the Camelbak is great. If you do add some gatorade/powerade etc, go half strength = 1 part sport drink to 1 part water. Takes some of the blah out of all day water and adds a little sugar if you're not eating. When you're that excited and having that much fun, sometimes it's easy to forget to eat - esp if there's not an official time out for lunch/supper.

I strongly disagree with the pickle juice - unless you are a salty sweater (white rings on your clothes once they dry) and sweat tons. It will only add more salt and most of us lose more water than electrolytes over the course of a long day. Full strength sports drinks will put you in the same situation, unless you are drinking at least as much if not more water.

Last thing: Find out when the final battle is. I lost out on 2 final battles at 2 different scenarios because I had just come out to reload everything. I also ran out of battery on my Contour, despite having an extra charged battery in my bag back at the camp, but was too far to go back and never thought of carrying it on my til it was too late.

Take the NSAIDS (Aleve, Motrin, etc) only if you are staying hydrated. Severe dehydration and drugs that give your kidneys a hit when they are down are a bad combo. That being said, one or two OTC aleve shouldn't hurt before the game and may even help with the swelling.

Have fun!

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport