mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
If you are considering a phantom a grey ghost is a more refined version of that platform. Better pump stroke and trigger imho.
With the Ghost you should get the barrel freak bored to shoot the small paint. With a Phantom there are small bore and insert barrels readily available.
I think Lapco is doing a updated Ghost this year though I have no info on it yet.
PropperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

When are money not problem and when he has nothing opposite nelsons then perhaps this will be great: VSC Duckslide Phantom
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Then get a phantom
+1
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

here is a nice starter pump Marker:
Vintage PMI Pursuit Marketing Inc Traccer Paintball Marker Works Great | eBay
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAcid View Post
Wow you guys have no problem spending money when it's not urs lol
We all are hard workers to enjoy our luxury sport. I understand the jest but wanted to clarify . Some, myself included, have spent over 1k on markers that do the exact same thing that a phantom does. Heck even the same internals as a phantom.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
shut your whore mouth Donut!
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
We all are hard workers to enjoy our luxury sport. I understand the jest but wanted to clarify . Some, myself included, have spent over 1k on markers that do the exact same thing that a phantom does. Heck even the same internals as a phantom.
This. I'd recommend a phantom or pump cocker (i know you said not your thing, but I love mine so much I gotta recommend em) if price is an issue. Both have parts everywhere for cheap and can be modified and upgraded in a million ways. Plus, both are great markers stock. I tend to think the phantom is one of the best values in busying markers new period.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #27 (permalink)

Phantoms are great, i use mine all the time but if you want a faster rate of fire and smoother pump stroke spend the extra on a ccm. I tried my buddies empire sniper but didnt like the pump handle and it just didnt compare to a CCM. If your looking for a cheaper pump you may want to try the empire trracer (recommend to upgrade to the stainless steal bolt). The empire trracer is a good shooter, gets about +/- 5 over the chrono(w/ HPA) and has some picitinny rails if your into adding sights or whatever. Used trracers go for about $70.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
You should do what most of us have done. Buy what you think you'll like and if you're not satisfied keep selling and trading until you find the right marker. Chances are you'll find a marker that fits you very well and discover that you also now own dozens more that you can't quite remember buying...
Old 05-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Another vote for the Phantom here.
I've owned close to three dozen pumps of different stripes at this point and my VSC Phantom is the one I keep coming back to.

I would, however, urge you to budget some money to have it Freak-bored and possibly to set up a bottomline tank if your field offers all-day-air for free.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Another vote for the Phantom here.
I've owned close to three dozen pumps of different stripes at this point and my VSC Phantom is the one I keep coming back to.

I would, however, urge you to budget some money to have it Freak-bored and possibly to set up a bottomline tank if your field offers all-day-air for free.
Small Ninja HPA tank on a VSC setup is nice for that.

That said, Mike's going to start selling factory Freak-bored barrels soon, supposedly in the $30 range, so getting a Freak setup for the Phantom is about to get cheaper.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport