mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #31 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Those of you who think the Phantom is too light have obviously never experienced the joys of a single-handed, one shot elimination

The nice thing about Phantoms is that you can get one bone stock, and add pieces one at a time if you want to modify it. I guess that's true of most guns. Consider sticking with black if you go this route; parts are more widely available, both used and stocked new at places like ASP.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #32 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Those of you who think the Phantom is too light have obviously never experienced the joys of a single-handed, one shot elimination

The nice thing about Phantoms is that you can get one bone stock, and add pieces one at a time if you want to modify it. I guess that's true of most guns. Consider sticking with black if you go this route; parts are more widely available, both used and stocked new at places like ASP.
PGP
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I say VSC Phantom also. Bore out the barrel, get a gauntlet, and go.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
... The nice thing about Phantoms is that you can get one bone stock, and add pieces one at a time if you want to modify it. I guess that's true of most guns. ...
One thing is modify marker. Another is improve him.
Phantom can you perhaps modify in many ways... but nearly every marker you can improving constanly.

For me, the ultimate SC marker is Benjamin-Sheridan PGP. With performance tune and wedgits it is all what SC player really needs for play. No further upgrades are in reallity needed. And he is here since ~1983.

I will not put in question the qualities of Phantom. I will only say that the customization or modification posibilities are not needed when the marker is already perfect
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
'With a performance tune and wedgits' is hardly perfect out of the box.

The PGP has the same issue most old stock class guns do these days. Paint's too bloody small. The Phantom just has a lot more options as far as setting it up in a way that is suited to how you want to use it. Otherwise, they're both eminently simple and very effective stock class markers.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport