mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
camocow200

I'll vote for the eNMEy too. They shoot great and you can shoot pretty quick with it if you wanted to.
I couldnt say it better myself..I havent used any other marker (unless im at a pump only meetup) since ive had it.. Freaks as posted are easy and cheap to come by..I put on an Ion reg and beaver tail with a Freak and Primo and im good to go...

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (910) 100% positive
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkibbe View Post
I can go the low-budget route and get the eNEMY and have money to play or upgrade.
upgrading is a trap. you'll usually end up paying more total than if you just bought a better gun.

that said, rail isn't that good of a gun either...

if those were my choices, and i don't even like smart parts, i would go for a used enemy and then sell it when you are ready to use the money to buy a new gun. skip upgrading altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkibbe View Post
2 votes for the eNMEy. I'd rather buy new vs. used. I have no idea if something used is in good shape and no 'know-how' to fix it.

Any opinion on the GOG inline barrel? They are only like $35.

Any ASA recommendations?
so new guns break too. you'll be surprised how often paintball guns need maintenance. see if you can buy a used gun in person at a paintball field. that way you can test it at the range and chat up the owner for some knowledge on how to work the gun.

don't buy barrel until you're sure you are keeping the gun. not all guns have the same barrel threading.

any asa that you like. personally i only care about whether it has on/off.

Last edited by heinous; 05-10-2013 at 04:47 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

The Proto Rail is actually a pretty nice gun. I have owned one and shot one. I thought it was really nice for $250. That being said, if you think you want an electro and have $250, you get more for your money with a GOG Extcy. Over the eNMEy, it is an electro, has a better feedneck, an on/off ASA and a little nicer barrel. I currently own an eNMEy and like it quite a bit also. My opinion is, if you buy the eNMEy you are going to need a better barrel. I am not very impressed with the stock one.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
eNMEy. Bought my brand new and shot it for the first time about a month ago. Only thing I changed was the barrel. I'd say get a decent barrel or barrel kit and you're golden I got a 12 inch pipe barrel bored at 683 and it shoots great. Without my reg being broken in it's +/- 6 so not too bad imo. Also don't be fooled by the fact it's a mech gun it's trigger pull is light as a feather and you can really get on it easily. Heck I've outshot my revvy with mine so it's no slouch if you want to play some airball. Really the only things a rail has over is it is that it's electronic that's it.

TL;DR buy an eNMEy with a decent barrel and maybe an on/off if you really want to (but it's not required) and then go have some fun.

PS Just some advice on the eNMEy trigger you have to pull it and then release it fully you can't rest your finger on it and try and pull it only part way or it will chuff. Basically best way to think of the eNMEy is a short triggered cocker as it does use a 3 way and you need to fully actuate it. Once you get used to it (took me about half a hopper or so) you'll really rip on it without any issues.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ive got 2 07 PMRs,one I bought new,another I got used and 1 2011 PMR I traded an Ion for so my teamate would have a reliable gun,ended up meching the 2011 as the board was fubed up.As similar as PMRs are to Ions I HATE them.WHEN they work the shoot fairly well,because theyre no gauge its easy to overpressurize and blow noids&gaskets,board is not water resistant,eye pipe&eye wires are a PITA,usually have to adjust dwell just to crono to compensate for OP pressure.Worst guns Ive ever bought,feel guilty even selling them to someone else
I dont have an Enemy but have 2 DW\Yoda mech Ions which seem similar that I love to shoot.No batteries,board or eye wires to deal with
For the money saved you could get a nice tank,mask,loader etc
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by punisher068; 05-10-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added comment
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
PS Just some advice on the eNMEy trigger you have to pull it and then release it fully you can't rest your finger on it and try and pull it only part way or it will chuff. Basically best way to think of the eNMEy is a short triggered cocker as it does use a 3 way and you need to fully actuate it. Once you get used to it (took me about half a hopper or so) you'll really rip on it without any issues.
If you do the trigger mod it becomes almost impossible to short stroke!
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendal50 View Post
If you do the trigger mod it becomes almost impossible to short stroke!
True I haven't gotten around to doing that on mine yet but even without it, like I said before, once you get used to the trigger as is it rips hard you just have to pull it with a short sharp pull as opposed to a slower more deliberate pull

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

As far as upgrading an ENMEY:

Just order the ENVY frame and a black Heart board. Or a virtue board since it doesn't need eyes. As far as upgrade barrel, just pay SSC the cash to bore you stock barrel for freak inserts. They work great.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Get the eNMEy. It's a great little shooter. I suggest mechanical markers to new players usually because they don't have any fancy settings to mess up. 99.9% of the time, if you follow the manuals maintenance instructions, you won't have problems. Don't take it apart all the time, don't go without cleaning and servicing it, and you will have a marker that will last virtually forever.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Don't take it apart all the time, don't go without cleaning and servicing it
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport