mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   Best post-game meals? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/234926-best-post-game-meals.html)

Chikahiro 06-05-2013 01:33 AM

Best post-game meals?

Normally after a day of playing paintball, my friends and I go to a local burger joint. Good burgers, fries, tea or soda, and we talk about what a great time we had. Very fun, very social, and a relaxed way to end the night.

But, I had a thought. Something that should've been obvious, but, er, I only thought about now!

"What would be the ideal post-game meal to aid in recovering from a hard day of playing?"

The folks I play with run the gamut of ages, but us folks in our mid-30's and older? Yeah, we're not bouncing back like we used to. Sure, there's ibuprofen and the like the next day, but that's only part of things, you know?

I remember from when I used to look at weight lifting and the like, there's tons of advice for post-workout meals and the like. But, uhm, we're not doing short and intense, so I really don't know how it tracks. We do go through like water in vast amounts, though.

Suggestions? Ideas? I got back in a few months ago thanks to some friends, and would like to keep playing for years and years :)

p8ntninja 06-05-2013 01:56 AM

You want some protein, some veggies. A nice hearty meal that won't weigh you down. During the day I like at least 2 bananas maybe an orange and nice sandwich for lunch. I swear by gatorades 3 series and the protein drink they have is damn good and aids well in post game recovery.

Cannon Fodder 06-05-2013 05:38 AM

Post game I like to pop into the fish and chip shop on the way home then collapse and gourge with a cup of tea or 3.

Murf425 06-05-2013 07:23 AM

Wings and beer

Hawkeye20 06-05-2013 11:11 AM

A McGangBang from McDonalds, or whatever's in the fridge at home.

Hobbes 06-05-2013 11:23 AM

Wendys was always an after-paintball tradition for my group.

Falcon16 06-05-2013 12:25 PM

usually I hit up the local butcher shop as they have a daily sandwich special on weekends it's usually pulled pork and you get a side deli salad all for $5 I usually get the PP sandwich with german potato salad :D OM NOM NOM NOM

bassfisher 06-05-2013 12:43 PM

Zaxby's chicken finger plate.

martix_agent 06-05-2013 01:26 PM

I usually go home and eat an entire Red Barron frozen pizza.

Chikahiro 06-05-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p8ntninja (Post 2725956)
You want some protein, some veggies. A nice hearty meal that won't weigh you down. During the day I like at least 2 bananas maybe an orange and nice sandwich for lunch. I swear by gatorades 3 series and the protein drink they have is damn good and aids well in post game recovery.

If I make lunch for myself and my friends, I try to make a light one. Did a copycat of Subways' chicken orchard salad sandwich that went over very well! Costco rotisserie chicken, apples, raisins and cranberries, little mayo... Perfect for a hot day.

Bacon wrapped hot dogs did well too, but had to take a nap after. An attempt at tandoori chicken did decently, too.

I've not seen that Gatorade stuff; will need to look next time I'm at the store.

Now I'm wondering if carb-loading the night before like runners like do is a good idea or not...