mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bad@ss

Not new to the sport, new to the forum...

Might as well introduce myself to this forum, since I hope I'll be using it. I've just started dual wielding tpx's, hence the name. Anyways, I'm 14 (so go ahead, hate me for it) hopefully you can get passed my age as I do just play paintball for the enjoyment. One more thing I would like to mention, for those who get bothered by the youth playing paintball. 1) I pay for all my gear doing the papers (that's why I don't play speedball) 2) I know this may be a lot to ask, but I would appreciate it if you would not treat me as a minor. I'm 6'1" and if you saw me in real life you would not believe me if I told you I was 14, that's another reason I don't typically reveal my age.

Oh and if someone can explain to me how to get a custom profile picture that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
Welcome! I don't think you'll have any problems about your age. I seem to recall there being a thread around somewhere for players under 18 so I think you'll fit in nicely. The only drawback I think you'll find is that you won't be able to start a paypal account for a while which seems to be the standard on the site. Probably just as well since the BST here has claimed many unwatched wallets.

Oh, and for the avatar just go into your control panel, go to "Settings & Options" (left side) and click "Edit Avatar". You'll be able to upload your own or pick from a couple of built in images.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Welcome to the mcb club.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Any dual TPX wielding 14 year old is alright in my book. Welcome to the forum, make sure you check out the sidearm sub-forum you will like it there
Mercenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
^This. We have some younger chaps around here so don't worry about that. Act responsibly and mature and no one who even know.

Welcome to MCB.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bad@ss

When I click "Edit Avatar" I only have the option of choosing a preset avatar. I don't mean to trouble you but is there any specific bar or anything I'm supposed to click on? I can't select images and I can't deselect "Do not use avatar"?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofEverything View Post
When I click "Edit Avatar" I only have the option of choosing a preset avatar. I don't mean to trouble you but is there any specific bar or anything I'm supposed to click on? I can't select images and I can't deselect "Do not use avatar"?
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you should be able to either select a web address for an image or upload a file from your computer. Look under the preset images.

I re-read your note - I don't know if you're still having problems but you should be able to click on the image that you want. If you're missing the bottom perhaps try reloading the page?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bad@ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you should be able to either select a web address for an image or upload a file from your computer. Look under the preset images.

I re-read your note - I don't know if you're still having problems but you should be able to click on the image that you want. If you're missing the bottom perhaps try reloading the page?
It's not cut off it's just not there. I took 2 screen shots of both parts of the screen... I can select an avatar but I can't upload one

[IMG]file://localhost/Users/maximsindetski/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-07-03%20at%204.30.10%20PM.png[/IMG]

I'm not sure if that will show up, I'm using a macbook air right now. Later tonight I'll try using and the hp desktop and see if maybe that's the problem... Thanks for you help though.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofEverything View Post
It's not cut off it's just not there. I took 2 screen shots of both parts of the screen... I can select an avatar but I can't upload one

file://localhost/Users/maximsindetsk...30.10%20PM.png

I'm not sure if that will show up, I'm using a macbook air right now. Later tonight I'll try using and the hp desktop and see if maybe that's the problem... Thanks for you help though.
I'm not sure if blues can upload pictures? I can't be sure for sure though?

Edit: Nope I'm wrong I see blues with custom avatars.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bad@ss

Found out what's wrong. Painthappy replied to another user on the forum with the same question as myself and it turns out that if you're new to the forum and have under 10 posts the option is disabled. I guess I'm going to have to go looking around the forum a bit ... Thanks for your help though, shouldn't take long to get a few more posts.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport