mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 10-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Rule of thumb for hoppers: I stay away from any hopper that still uses a screw to hold the battery cover in place minus the current Empire/Invert Halos.

You didn't account for the cost of batteries...the vlocities will chew through those 9 volts like cookies. That's the one thing I loathed about all the vlocities. Assuming you actually just buy them normally for about $2 a piece. That's $4 every two days of play. Oh what? You forgot to unplug them at the end of the day? $4 every day of play. Don't buy one.

Tippmann Triumph uses the Pinokio style internals and if they work just like it, two 9 volts will last you for months and it's not a pain to pop the batteries out. I personally use a rotor because I've changed the batteries about once since last year and I never take them out of the hopper. Pinokio is another good choice.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
Tippmann Triumph uses the Pinokio style internals and if they work just like it, two 9 volts will last you for months and it's not a pain to pop the batteries out. I personally use a rotor because I've changed the batteries about once since last year and I never take them out of the hopper. Pinokio is another good choice.
You have that backwards. The Ricochet hopper came out first, then Tippmanns, followed immediately by Kingmans, and then the Pinokio. The cool thing with those hoppers is that the don't jam unless you are putting oversized or really mutilated paintballs in them. I believe that they all use the same motors and sensor, with only the boards and the hopper shape being different. And I am not entirely sure how different the boards are in the first three.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

Kilt Club
PPS Fan
No:
Vlocity
Extreme Rage
Tippmann
Spyder Magna
Halo
bla

Yes:
Vmax? I've seen people use them with high output batteries locally to replace their revvys and for the going rate of around $40 or $50, they're pretty damn simple and solid, right?

Invert Reloader. It's literally a space age revvy. Streamlined profile, magnetic lid, spins faster, but overall works identically. Oh yeah, and they smoke shells are nice and THICK definitely worth the $30ish.

Halo Too with Empire fwy mod and magna clutch drive. $45-$60 altogether. It's a halo that's made with better fitting parts and rotor shell material. Why not?

Pinokios are ugly, but pretty ****ing amazing loaders as well. Definitely consistent feeders and the P Board makes them rollick.

I hear the Torque loudmouth 440s were really good loaders. I used one and felt no difference aside from weight balancing between that and my rotor, but it also was only a couple games' worth use.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

see if this guy still has his spyder fasta for sale. those are supposed to be pretty decent, and it's only $20. it is an old thread, but the guy is active so it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Oil can. Top off your engine oil. Clean, cut a feed hole with tabs so that you can fill with a 10rd tube, jam in your feed elbow. Done!

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion360 View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Tippmann SSL-200.
It is fast, battery efficient, and well made for about $50.
Loads 12-15 bps and has been trouble free for me.

I have it on my RT Mag, which is a quick shooter.
and half the weight of a Halo Too....
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I really like my VLocity but other than that I also recommend a Magna. Same internals as the Halo but with a better shape, I think. And then if you want to go really cheap and fast, you can always get a Torque. Even though people complain about it, I honestly love mine. It's fast, it works really well, it's super easy to open and clean and in my case, I love the camo shells mine has.
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #48 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I tried my halo too on my T2 yesterday but have a major tear down to do now, sounds like it tried feeding on the pump and shot, and became a blender with the evil paint, am I doing something wrong? After having issues with a borrowed rotor then my halo too, I just played it safe with a primo

Rcjunky's feedback
rcjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #49 (permalink)

I had nothing but trouble with my v-max. Killed batteries in the closet even with it turned off then sometimes even with new batteries it would just cut off in the middle of a string of paint. Revy and Rotor are all I use anymore after the 10th set of halo shells.
tenchustealthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Major Power Factor

Brass and Wood Fan
That's a good point - you do have to pull the batteries from the V-Max between uses. Not a big deal so long as you remember.

Feedback
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport