mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 11-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

LOL, thanks guys.

I've been buying some really cheap stuff off of Ebay. I can't afford the big toys right now. It is fun to look, though.

@Pheonix01 The eNMEy would be cool. I've heard good things about it & I'd like to try out something with a spool valve. My A5 works so well though, I can't see myself buying another semi anytime soon.

It appears that I do have room for more pumps, though. I just ordered a Brass Eagle Tigershark and a blade off of Ebay. I'm also thinking of getting a Talon at some point. Some more plastic for my toy box. :P

I might get a serious pump one of these days.

Thanks for the tips on double pumping, btw. I'll have to consider that when I'm in a close quarters situation.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Azodin Kaos Pump is a great "real pump" for a cheap price. Like 50-60 on ebay, and very solid.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

FWIW, the day I hung up my 98c and picked up a stock class phantom will forever remain as the day I truly feel in love with this sport.

Pumps are pure, fun, and pure fun.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

60 bucks sounds like an amazing find for an Azodin Kaos Pump. I've seen one or two on EBay for 100... Though, the KP is an autococker, isn't it? Would that take away a lot of the feel of a traditional pump?

On a side note, I just saw a PGP on sale on Craig's List for 30 dollars... Working, I think. Should I jump on this?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Possibly?

I know that Mike at CCI is wonderful to work with. That's a big part of why I'll always have a phantom in my bag (I sold my first one, instantly regretted it, and bought another within 2 months). You can still easily get parts for the phantom, which is a huge plus. At its heart, it's still an old marker, but it has all the convenience of a still in production piece. Of the four markers I have at home right now, it's the only one that I can pick up a phone and order parts for.

That said, the pgp is classic, so there is lots of love and support for it still. At $30 you might be buying a project though.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Born Again n00b

an old Kingman Hammer A is inexpensive and solid platform in my opinion..I had one back in the day and have two now that are my go to markers. There is one on ebay right now for $35 + shipping . They are threaded for spyder barrels and parts are cheap. iisports has everything you would need to rebuild or repair (bolts, hammers, bodies, cup seals, power tube, screws etc etc etc) And being a nelson based gun it is super easy to work on.

but DO NOT BUY the complete iisports "New Hammer" they have for $125 on ebay..it is not worth the money. They claim it is built from kingman old stock but it is not... maybe the reject hammer P parts ?

but this is all just my opinion

Last edited by JeffS77; 11-12-2013 at 07:45 PM.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

a friend of mine just picked up a phantom for 75$ off of ebay...i was a touch jealous. they are out there, just keep looking.
If the rest of our life is financially responsible, why not overspend on markers. If the rest of our life is a mess, it could be financially irresponsible to spend on markers.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Oksoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wow. That's crazy :-).
Old 11-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bacon? Oh God yes!

Fan of EMR
Yes, keep eyes peeled for deals on Ebay and Craigslist.
If you like the JR2's, try a PGP.
As for the double-pumping, it only worked once when I was in close range. It's a valid tactic and if it works, I'm willing to guess the recipient would appreciate the lower velocity.

I give my markers names.

WTB 8ci tank

New MCB Feedback

Old MCB Feedback
Kermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Shampoo View Post

"I just discovered that I can drop a few balls down the barrel and shoot them all at once for a crazy shotgun effect. Is this considered "ok" behavior?"
probably been answered already but...

it can be done, but depending on lots of things the paint may just break each other inside your gun, then you have broken paint gunking up your gun and it won't shoot straight until you clean it back at the prep area. that alone makes it not worth doing for me.

also some fields have a one-trigger-pull-one-paintball policy. they probably won't eye you if you use a pump, but it's probably not a nice thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Shampoo View Post
It appears that I do have room for more pumps, though. I just ordered a Brass Eagle Tigershark and a blade off of Ebay. I'm also thinking of getting a Talon at some point. Some more plastic for my toy box. :P

I might get a serious pump one of these days.
a hammer 7 is what, $100 used? if you want one just save up for one if you can already afford those old guns on ebay plus shipping.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport