mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Some guns require high or low pressure input into the gun, your guns are made to accept standard "high" pressure which is 750-900 PSI input/tank output. Some guns, like the Vapor, ZR-1, Demon, etc. require lower pressure input to avoid damaging the gun. In the inverse, so gun require high or super high pressure. If you put a low pressure tank on most Tippmanns or Spyders they won't function correctly. Some old guns that are meant for Co2 only can be forced to work on Super high pressure (900-1200 PSI), and some automags like 1000 PSI or higher.

Most guns with a regulator will work on anything 450-850 psi input, I would leave your tank at its full pressure so your pump will work reliably and the G4 will have no problem.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
MessiButClean

Location: Im from the San Fernando Valley, located in Los Angeles.!

Yeah i decided to not mess with it..but now im getting a new gun without the manual and seeing if it still good to leave it alone, does anyone know the pressure needed for an 08 ego.?

SALVADOR91's FeedBack.!!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Salvador91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

Palmers Fan
with the 08 ego you will be fine with all the shims in.
typically the only guns that require lp will tell you in the manual only use low pressure
my g6r for example suggest a slp (super low pressure reg) but if i must i can use my ninja with all shims removed

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
MessiButClean

Location: Im from the San Fernando Valley, located in Los Angeles.!

Ohh..alright..thanks for the help..I just don't wanna ruin the internals..but i read that all shims are good for it..

SALVADOR91's FeedBack.!!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Salvador91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
WoodsBALLER

I emailed Planet Eclipse to ask what setting to use on a Ninja Pro V2 regulator with my Etek 4 -- PE was very friendly and responsive; they told me to set the tank to output 550 psi. I suggest just asking PE what to do about that Ego or any of their other guns. PE's full response to me is below and contains some other info:

Everything from here down is from PE:

>>You are correct our SL3 Regulator is meant to allow any type of air pressure into the gun. Also you are correct that running it at 800 PSI will just be wasting more air. We recommend somewhere in the middle around 550ish. It gives you a good amount of pressure and does not over work the regulator. If the regulator piston or seal becomes damaged and the HPR isn’t function correctly a high output pressure could potentially cause some over pressurizing of the solenoid.

Going out and experimenting is not a bad thing. It will get you more familiar with what your guns feels best with and efficiency wise works best with.

Hope I gave you the information you were looking for my friend. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask!
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport