mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question I need some help...

Hey, I've been off the circuit for a few years, and last time I played I was a 15 year old with the cheapest gun/mask/gear I could possibly get. I have two questions:
I was looking to get back into it, and the first thing I'm trying to do is to get a clip-fed gun. I already have a deal with a local place to buy a new Spyder MR5 from factory with a discount. Anyways, he is clueless to clip-fed guns. Its description says that it can switch ammo feed from top feed to clip feed with turn of a barrel. Does it come with a special barrel to do this, or would I be able to swap out barrels with an aftermarket?
And I'm trying to get a new mask. My current is a cheap spyder stock model that has a crack though the middle of the lense. I do not wear glasses and have already read the mask guide posted on the forum. Still, does anyone have any recommendations on a mask? If its good enough, I have no money cap so all recommendations are welcome.
P.S. I know I put this topic in the wrong section, I put a copy into "Ask the pros" also. My bad guys!!!

Last edited by XGA Your Friend; 12-22-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Put in wrong section
XGA Your Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bacon? Oh God yes!

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGA Your Friend View Post
Hey, I've been off the circuit for a few years, and last time I played I was a 15 year old with the cheapest gun/mask/gear I could possibly get. I have two questions:
I was looking to get back into it, and the first thing I'm trying to do is to get a clip-fed gun. I already have a deal with a local place to buy a new Spyder MR5 from factory with a discount. Anyways, he is clueless to clip-fed guns. Its description says that it can switch ammo feed from top feed to clip feed with turn of a barrel. Does it come with a special barrel to do this, or would I be able to swap out barrels with an aftermarket?
And I'm trying to get a new mask. My current is a cheap spyder stock model that has a crack though the middle of the lense. I do not wear glasses and have already read the mask guide posted on the forum. Still, does anyone have any recommendations on a mask? If its good enough, I have no money cap so all recommendations are welcome.
P.S. I know I put this topic in the wrong section, I put a copy into "Ask the pros" also. My bad guys!!!
#1: DO NOT PLAY WITH THAT MASK! I personally recommend the E-Flex because I really enjoyed the comfort of JT Flexes over the years and the added bonus of an easy to change lens has really blown my mind. But I highly recommend that you go to a store and try on every single one on the wall. Yell, jog, grimace, laugh, move your head up and down, side to side etc.
#2: I'm 90% sure that the barrel is specific to the quick-change system. When I was looking into a Hammer 7, that was one of the sticking points for me to pass. If you're looking for fast, on-the-fly changing from mag-fed (don't say clip-fed *shudder*) to hopper-fed, there's always the Dye DAM, but I'm not totally sold on that yet.
If you're a Spyder-guy, there is a Kingman section on this forum, towards the bottom, all the answers you seek can be found within or can be asked there. There is a great group of Spyder aficionados on this forum that have more experience than I.
Have fun, and be safe.

I give my markers names.

WTB 8ci tank

New MCB Feedback

Old MCB Feedback
Kermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

Palmers Fan
I don't know about the kingman guns but the dam is great and shoots good but expensive. As for the mask look into the i4s, profits, flex, eflex, and grills. If you have a store go try them on everyones head is different

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGA Your Friend View Post
#1 from looking at the manual of the MR5 the feed system is the same as the hammer 7. So the barrels are sypder threaded but the breach that they thread into can be twisted to either line up with the mag or the hopper. If you want to do this on the field you will have to make or buy a speed wheel.

#1a I might as well be that guy and correct you with clip/mag clips load mags, mags feed into the gun. So far as I know their are no clips in paintball yet

#2 I recommend a proflex. with my big head its the only thing that fits and lets me breath right without fogging. The best thing you can do though is go try some on. The only real requirement in a good mask is it does not fog. Secondary would be look at the price of replacement lenses. I replace my lense every year at minimum. I played a lot this summer so I changed it out mid season also. Masks are the one place you CAN NOT SKIMP you only get one set of eyes so protect them.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
There's only one clip fed gun? Smg 68/62?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

If you are still looking for a recommendation. I would start with a Hammer 7. Cheapest Magfed marker on the market so you can determine whether you like magfed or not.

Paintball Stuff 4 Sale (Usually):

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kkpatel2
kkpatel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
There's only one clip fed gun? Smg 68/62?
I see what you did there

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport