mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Brings back memories. I bought my first gun with money from mowing lawns when I was 13. It took me a whole summer of mowing lawns and money I was paid for helping with selling turkeys at my uncle's store. But the first marker I bought was a piece of junk. Good luck to the OP. Don't buy into the hype that blowback guns are "uncool." They work just great, and are good beginner markers. Do like Falcon said and get an Azodin. From what I hear they are good guns.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2754097

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew

Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 2x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 8x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Just crusin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor69r View Post
Watch out for your wallet, while you are browsing the Sales threads here at MCB...
These are wise words. Guard your dollars and cents on here, there are many nice shiny things to buy.

In terms of raising funds, do anything you can. Shovel snow, walk dogs, deliver papers etc. Research and spend wisely, again its not the equipment that makes the player. The most important piece of equipment you will own is a mask. Don't skimp here.
Dye says that they're going to make a 'Faultline Broomstick' soon, so wait for that, then you'll never be outshoot, unless the other guy has a full-auto ramping Boo-Ya frame on there Spider and a Dye Broomstick, then your screwed, you mite as well play Airsoft.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'll also toss up that a used tippmann 98/A5/etc... can be snagged in any number of b/s/t threads, often upgraded and with tanks, for well under $100.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thx for your ideas guys I just bought myself a sly profit mask today and I love it! I will go with your guys ideas. I love pump and pistol play since my cousin let me borrow his cci phantom so I will save up for that.
Sheridan PGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan PGP View Post
Thx for your ideas guys I just bought myself a sly profit mask today and I love it! I will go with your guys ideas. I love pump and pistol play since my cousin let me borrow his cci phantom so I will save up for that.
You can never go wrong with a Phantom. If you ever have trouble with one, Mike, the owner of CCI will personally answer your phone call and help you out.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

It's very wise to invest in a good mask. Pick up a phantom and 3.5 oz CO2 tank and you're set!

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Anyone can pull a trigger, so starting with a nice pump at a young age like yourself will allow you to hone your skills and should you start playing semi later on in life when you have more money.. You will be a beast!
Kroniccocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

It might be frowned upon in this day and age but at 12 years old I had been working in the fields with migrant workers, mucking stalls and feeding livestock for various farmers for money.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

hey guys I will probably just get a mask tank then marker. I really like the whole pump and pistol thing so I will probably just get a tipx or a phantom pump. thx guys for your suggestion!
Sheridan PGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
pump is always the way to start
happycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport