mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

If you don't mind my asking where are you guys from I'm sure there's some members that might be close by and willing to meet up with you and your wife to play.

Billy
Billy6977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

We live in middle Tennessee just West of cookville
cphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Chesnut

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Welcome, welcome! The FT-12 has gotten decent reviews. Anecdotally, it sounds like they might not hold up to the past Tippmann reputation for durability and abuse, but they are inexpensive and undoubtedly a decent value. Besides, by this time next year you'll have a dozen other guns, so don't worry about it too much.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphill View Post
We live in middle Tennessee just West of cookville
Shudder. I use to work for Averett.

Anyways, yes a cup is a great idea. It's been nearly a year since the first time for me getting shot in the lefty. Let's just say I've never been the same. I've been playing on and off for years and just ignored the idea of that part of safety and was ballzy and finally took one while running. Never again. I now wear compression shorts and a cup that is made for mma which I have great movement in them.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

The FT-12 is a decent gun, my Favorite field recently changed over their rental fleet to ft-12s, very easy to break down and clean. I would recommend you get a barrel swab, as with the ft-12, and you first few times playing you will likely be a couple of breaks in your breach and or barrel. This will greatly effect your accuracy, having paint in the barrel. Once you get the feel for the trigger, and have decent paint, you will have fewer and fewer broken balls.
We have many members here from middle Tenn. so it is very likely you can meet up with them sometime in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Welcome! There is always room for one or two more here!

Be careful, Paintball is something that once you become immersed in; you never truly leave.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Welcome. The first thing to "upgrade" should probably be your mask. If the ones you got do not fog and fit well protection and comfort wise then great if not check out new or used, JT proflex, v-force profilers or similar models. Just ask and you will get plenty of advice on here. Check the reviews section too. I spent about $200 just on masks until i found my fav(profiler). Being able to see makes all the difference to how well your experience goes! Hope you and your wife have a great time.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well we went and had a blast will for sure be doing this again....ft-12 both work perfect with 1200 balls through both
cphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!
THAT'S ALL WE GET? Although 2,400 balls between the two of you is a nice first game, yer just gonna have to do BETTER! We need DETAILS! Now rest up. Rub each other down with Ben-Gay, compose your thoughts, and tell us all about your first time ... playing paintball.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!
THAT'S ALL WE GET? Although 2,400 balls between the two of you is a nice first game, yer just gonna have to do BETTER! We need DETAILS! Now rest up. Rub each other down with Ben-Gay, compose your thoughts, and tell us all about your first time ... playing paintball.
This /\

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport