mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

New here and to paintball

This sat will be mine and my wifes first time playing paintball . Hope to enjoy it. Its with some of my co-workers that have Been playing for years. I got me and her 2 tippmann ft-12 makers they r used but never used so maybe they will be ok...I know very little about paintball it self or the makers but on here I think I will get it all straighten out
cphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yes, you'll enjoy playing.
The three best tips I can give you after more than 30 years playing:
1) Keep your goggles on.
2) Keep your barrel bag on when you're not playing.
2) Be aggressive and don't be afraid to get shot. Fortune favors the bold.

This the one sport where women compete on equal terms with men. Don't underestimate them. The game is won by using teamwork and communication.

After your first time, come back here and we'll show you how to spend your money on your new addiction.

WELCOME!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Welcome. I hope you and your wife enjoy this experience and will be back for more. MCB is a wealth of knowledge of all types of playing and markers old and new. So you should be able to find out anything you want to know. Just ask a question and sit back and laugh at the comments as the fun unfolds for our famous and not so famous posters lol. (No names mentioned h)

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
1) Keep your goggles on.

This the one sport where women compete on equal terms with men. Don't underestimate them. The game is won by using teamwork and communication.

After your first time, come back here and we'll show you how to spend your money on your new addiction.

WELCOME!
This.

Welcome to your new home for your new addiction.

SZ

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2349991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
...this is MCB, no such thing as excessive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
You will not have a wallet shortly, just shipping receipts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Back in my day zombies didnít run. They walked. Uphill. In the snow. They ate what brains they could find and they liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWookie151 View Post
I get bored, like really bored. So I like to make siege weapons.

Last edited by SPLATTER-ZONED; 01-27-2014 at 08:55 AM.
SPLATTER-ZONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
The more involved in the game you are, the less it hurts!

Once that adrenaline kicks in you'll want more welcome to the club, hope you enjoy it here and don't be afraid to post a question!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
1) Keep your goggles on.

WELCOME!
Ezzakly!

That first game is NUTS! You have no idea what's going on. It's loud! People are running around. There is a lot of yelling. Paintballs going everywhere. It CRAZY... But it's SOOOOO much fun

DO NOT just sit behind a bunker and shoot. If you are not moving, you're a target. If you are moving, you're harder to hit. Besides, people in my area tend to shoot at bunkers. I have stood out in the open with people shooting like crazy, and not one ball went anywhere near me... they were too focused on the guys behind the bunkers to even see me.

Try to go two-guns-on-one-gun, avoid going one-on-many or one-on-one.

You are going to get hit. It stings. It's not really bad (not nearly as bad as you think it'll be). You'll be pretty high on adrenalin, but you will feel it and it will leave a mark. When you get home, you and the wife can play "connect the dots".

Oh... put a leather glove in your shorts... trust me.

Let us know how it goes (the paintball, not connect the dots), and welcome aboard.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Welcome, I can tell you now you'll be hooked after the first game. Like others have said, it hurts less than you think it will especially with the adrenaline going. Just work with your teammates and you'll be good
DranDran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

for someone new

markers - try before you buy whenever you can
masks - try em on at a paintball store - these should be one of your earliest purchases - once you know you like the sport get masks that are comfy, effective, and do NOT cheap out - safety and enjoyment are tied to geting good protective gear
safety gear - for men - the cup - for women - the martial arts chest protector/bra
clothes to play in - if you are a woodsballer it will likely be some kind of camo gear, for rec field or speedballers - jerseys and pants. or whatever floats your boat - good clothes is another place to spend decent coin on good value for your taste

markers though will tend to come and go - folks on a field are usually fine to let you squeeze off a few through one and talk about it's pros and cons - do not RUSH a marker purchase.....

most of all - find a place where you have fun in safety - a well run field is important.

good luck! have fun! and enjoy!
oh and welcome to MCB make sure you put your wallet somewhere you cannot easily reach....

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Guys thanks for all the advice. The cup I done been told its a must and I can see why...lol...woodsball is what we will be playing and we r hunters so got plenty of old camo..as far as markers I bought2 tippmann ft 12s and got them fir a good deal. One of my co workers said they were good markers to start out with so I am taking his word on that...got 2 tippmann mask and they fit good so hopefully they will work good..thanks for the advice again yall seem like very friendly and helpful people...thanks Clint
cphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

I would recommend slide shorts over a cup, other than that you guys seem set.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport