mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Mouthy Mimes RTO

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I think Kermit put it the best way one can. Here is where I part from the A-5 statement however, the marker you are interested in is time proven. You will always be able to get parts for it. Low/High temps will never be an issue, if you dive into something chances are there will be no leak, like a gas through frame may potentially have. I feel one thing us more seasoned guys over look is that we all more than likely had Tippmanns once upon a time as well. We fell, we beat on them, we learned better ways to execute plays/tactics. We got other markers that suit our style of play. I feel not only is a Tippmann a great foundation. But it will also serve you as a great back up/ loaner marker later in life should you turn your eyes on something later.
UmbrellaCorp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #32 (permalink)
King of the clueless

Thanks for everyones input.
I've been way busy lately so I wasn't able to get back.
I've been looking at the Overlord/Ariakon Combat pistols, what does everyone have to say about those?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Mouthy Mimes RTO

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your life
UmbrellaCorp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
King of the clueless

Could you elaborate on that?
Seems (for the price and simplicity) that they are worth it and would function pretty well.
I was able to pick up a friend of mines A5 by the way!
I never did update on that.
No flatline barrel but I will be ordering one here shortly.
Also picked up a carbon fiber tank for almost nothing!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

There are two 'Pistol Camp's around these parts....the ones like the Overlords, and the ones like the TiPX.

Personally i own the ones similar to the overlords. They work well, but are not as quick to reload, and can be a bit heavier. But can be easily modified to make changing 12'ies and reloading a lot nicer. (the also function like any standard spyder clone and usually use the same parts)

The ones like the TiPX are a bit smaller and lighter, as well as quicker to reload (slamming mags is always MUCH faster than dumping tubes) but they tend to have more trouble when you are getting lower on air (TiPX almost forces you to shoot blanks until its nearly empty before you can swap 12'ies)

IMHO its more about personal preference as to which is 'better.'
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
(TiPX almost forces you to shoot blanks until its nearly empty before you can swap 12'ies)

IMHO its more about personal preference as to which is 'better.'
I personally have ejected a just pierced 12g from a TiPX with no issues other than a refreshing blast of cold CO2; The TiPX has a better "engine" than a stbb.

That being said a .68 280 FPS paintball from a 6"ish barrel is going to all fly the same paint dependent - it is the cosmetics that make the difference as you said which is all personal opinion
ease of constant air or 12g use and replacement
ease of paint replenishment
ability to carry said paint and 12g

would I rather run my PTExtreme/Ariakon/T68 or my TiPX/Tiberius - it depends on the day and the people I am running against as they both have their advantages/disadvantages out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport