mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Greetings!
For starters, my name is Rebecca. I've had a desire to play paintball which started circa age 5, when I first watched my older brother with his fancy guns emblazon the shed with neon paint. Since then, I've always wanted to get into it, but never quite had the chance.

About a year or two ago, I played my first game of paintball at Skirmish in PA and absolutely loved it, spawning an even stronger yearning to get into the sport. I played here and there since then, always at Skirmish, and only just recently obtained two of my own paintball guns from the very person that inspired me to want to play.

My brother gave me his (what I believe to be) WGP Autococker and a Spyder E1. I have yet to use either of them, though I believe the Spyder isn't exactly fully functional at the moment. Headed off to college in the fall, and have every intention of really dedicating myself more to paintball once I get settled, which also means upgrading at least the autococker for now, and to better guns in general.

Definitely a newb at the moment that's honestly quite clueless concerning even my own guns, but I hope to change that ^^

My Guns:

I know they're nothing much, but it's at least a start.
On another note, anyone have any idea the value of these? Just to get an idea of what 'm working with xD

Thanks all!
Derpasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Let's see:

WGP 2k2 Autococker, mostly stock with WGP hinge, dropforward, and upgraded barrel (don't know what kind). Value: ~$100.

Kingman EM-1. I have no idea on value. Cool guns though. Not very common.

Welcome!! You picked a good forum to come to, especially with those guns.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Welcome! This is a great place, a bit weird, but you won't find a friendlier paintball forum. I think that's an Armson barrel on the WGP, maybe.

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Welcome to the club. Good on your brother.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

em1's about $100 working. it's probably rarer than your cocker but i would probably sell it first if i was picking one to sell. easier to find cocker parts for repairs as a backup gun if you keep it. em1, not so much.

check input pressure and hydro date on your tank.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Your EM-1 appears to be missing the regulator's air fitting and the macroline (hose) that brings air from the bottomline regulator (the part that the tank screws into) into the gas-through foregrip. Without these parts there's no way the gun will function, or even to test for other problems it might have. You could also replace the foregrip and regulator with a different regulator and bottomline adapter configuration, but the parts wouldn't be cheap and this is probably more trouble than you want right now.

While EM-1s aren't terribly common, they're also not rare or sought out by collectors either. Unless the gun holds a lot of sentimental value for you I would agree that it would probably be best to sell it and concentrate on restoring the autococker.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Radical!

EM1 is similar to the ICD B2K. Kingman's first attempt at entering the high end market. Didn't take off, though. They then tried it again with the Raven Primal. Unfortunate, since Kingman could've jump-started the mid-range era before Smart Parts, but no one liked the price tag. Harder to climb the ladder than it is to start at the top, it seems.

Being that it's from your brother, i'd say that's a sentimental piece. Clean it up and display it, but i agree, focus on the autococker.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

It wasn't the smartest design, either. The return spring pulls the bolt back from behind, rather than pushing the ram back as on every other Leon Styles-derrived FASOR gun. This meant that you could not simply pull the bolt pin and quickly strip it for cleaning like you can with most guns of this type.

It also had completely nonstandard mountings for its bottomline regulator and foregrip, making it unattractive when it was still popular to change out your gun's onboard reg for a different one.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mouthy Mimes RTO

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
That WGP is in pristine condition! I am surprised after all this time it still cycles. I would suggest having a rebuild done, as well as re timing if needed as preventive maintenance. Its not fun having a marker go down in the middle of the day.
UmbrellaCorp. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport

« Howdo | New to MCB »