mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
That guy

New to MCB

Hey guys. I'm new to the MCB scene but have been playing paintball for many years, just never joined a forum like this. My brother in law, "Manning", is always telling me about this place and that i should join. It all started when he tried to introduce me to pumps. I am currently not a pump player but have respect for them and their expertise and prescise accurracy on the playing field. One shot is all you need is what he always claims. So anyways we decided to go into his backyard in the woods and play a small friendly pump game between him, my brother and I with pump pistols. I thought heck, how hard could it be. Well i found out. So we started playing and sneaking around like we were apart of a seal team and i came across Manning. So we traded shots and me being used to having a hopper full, im just shooting away. But he wasn't. He was taking his time. Eventually i ran out of paint and then you hear a "pop". I realized i was out and being first time pump player, im not good at this reloading thing with quickness or ease. So i try to act like a ball just didnt feed and i still had one while by aiming at him like i was going to shoot as i slowly reached for my pocket to get another tube. I was having a hard time getting the tube out and trying to load my gun. I began to shake with anxiety and thinking "please dont know im out.". Well he wasnt a fool. He knew exactly what i was doing. He slowly begins to move forward and must have seen my eyes light up when i saw him moving closer because he then started to charge. I dropped the tube in my hand, turned around and ran through the woods like a little girl jumping over branches, hitting branches trying not to trip while letting out a whimpy whimper of fear. When i looked back i'm pretty sure he couldnt keep chasing me because he was laughing because i took off like a spooked deer. He did eventually got me. This is currently the only time i have tried to play pump and i wasnt successful and it wasnt even a real game.My goal is to take baby steps with it though. Practice multiple times a night reloading, praying to velcor for support, sleeping while holding the gun to get a better feel of it. You know, the basics. Once i get alittle more comfortable enough i plan on trying again.

But anyways, i have only been on here a few days and have found it very helpful. And i have also heard to the "hide yo wallet" multiple times and now i know why. The wife isnt very happy with my wallet. She calls this "the man version of pinterest.". All i could really say was how dare you?! Anyways, this site and the people on it seem pretty cool and glad i finally joined.
Or the son of Velcor, here to redeem us all from the evils of poor sportsmanship and taking the game too seriously. Velcor no doubt suffered that his Son should come forth to walk among men, and show that playing by his example was the one true path to return to those Elysian Fields to play with Velcor and his exalted children for eternity. Where paint is always round and matched to bore, 12 grams are always consistently filled, and o-rings never wear out and cause leaks.

Thanks for the enlightenment brethren.
KHart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Welcome bro. It's not hide yo wallet but hide your credit card and PayPal statements lol. What she don't know can't hurt her.

Also, your bro in law is an awesome dude. Much respect to you just for that.

Pump play will come with time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
That guy

Lol your right, hide the paypal. And hes a pretty cool guy. We always joke that if him and my sister end up not working out, we would choose him over her lol
Or the son of Velcor, here to redeem us all from the evils of poor sportsmanship and taking the game too seriously. Velcor no doubt suffered that his Son should come forth to walk among men, and show that playing by his example was the one true path to return to those Elysian Fields to play with Velcor and his exalted children for eternity. Where paint is always round and matched to bore, 12 grams are always consistently filled, and o-rings never wear out and cause leaks.

Thanks for the enlightenment brethren.
KHart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

That's a funny story.
Welcome to MCB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
I drive the boat.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Welcome aboard!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome, and best way to learn stock class? Get out there and shoot a ton of paint. Shoot way more than you know you need to, switch hands, etc. Then, after doing that a bit and you feel you know the gun, dial it back.

Then again, I learn best through the trial by fire mentality.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I promised him awkward advances and mayo. Don't disappoint me fellas...
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Welcome! I've played games with Manning before he moved from KC. He's a good man even if he wouldn't part a tight bore Jav for me several months ago.

Welcome to MCB. Be sure to post up pics of your guns.

Oh, and I hope you're not a cards fan...They got their feathers plucked this week.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
I promised him awkward advances and mayo. Don't disappoint me fellas...
but he's blue........we could get arrested and stuff.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nerd

Welcome! I was going to ask, did Manning warn you? Apparently he did. Good, good.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, etc. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport