mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-24-2014, 03:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

valken graffiti or redemption are pretty good in my experience. fairly consistent and always dry so far. can't say the same for kee / empire paint.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

Palmers Fan
i almost exclusively shoot evil or ultra sure it breaks on small branches but it flys super straight and breaks on target. back in the day i used rps premium before kee screwed that up.
when i go to a field i always buy the top paint they have. good paint makes for a good day

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

For fragile/straight shooting paint I go with KEE/Empire/RPS (all the same now). Their paint includes Evil, Marbs, and their field ball is "custom blend" <-Good stuff. Just be sure to check the bags for moisture before purchasing. This is my go-to for pump or high end guns, IMO best hands down. (except for all-star, haven't had good allstar yet).

For more durable paint that shoots straight, I go with Valken Graffiti. Every time I've tried their Redemption it looses its brittleness to quickly and gets bouncy. Graffiti has a tough shell that always stays brittle, it just may not break all the time. GREAT PAINT FOR MAGFED or mech guns that are a little rough on the ball.

I've tried GI, I'm not a fan. If you do buy GI, try for 3star, 4star if its fresh. Their 5star and up is just TOO fragile. I don't car how expensive you space rocket NASA blaster is, or how soft it is on paint. This paint doesn't survive acceleration to 280 or higher FPS over the length of a barrel.

Don't buy the cheapest paint unless you want to face the consequences, doesn't matter which brand you get, cheap is typically garbage (excluding that magic case that shows up sometimes).

There are other smaller paint companies sprouting up that typically only serve their locality (YourGat in FL, APX out west, Inka (sp?) in the Badlandz area). When it comes to these buy the freshest stuff and hope!
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Played Sat with one star/GI field paint only, shot straight, round, 677 and bounced alot...

Make sure that if you buy premium paint that it is fresh. Alot of fields, the paint is not kept in a controlled environment and the premium paint will not be as fresh as the rec/field paint.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
GMO Population control

I haven't gotten any actually round Kee paint in quite some time, I.E. Marbs, All Stars, Premium. It doesn't fly right at all for me. I have however been super impressed with Valken's Redemption. Good luck and take it from a guy that has thrown a ton of Kee paint in the trash can, Buy small quantities before you decide what really works for you.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I stopped using KEE paint. Valken paint is superior and cheaper.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I stopped using KEE paint. Valken paint is superior and cheaper.
ehhh...it's only better because kee's stuff is so damn inconsistent lately, quality-wise. it seems more related to how long it's been stored more than anything, but i have had a batch of marb's with defective seams. defect-free, i'd take marbs over anything valken. i do like valken's box design though...they don't skimp on materials like kee does. perhaps that has something to do with the inconsistent quality of the kee paint? hmm...
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Speaking of KEE paint, their current JT paint, the cheapy-cheap base-grade stuff they sell at Academy for $30 a case, is nice.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I had lots of trouble with marbs at LL7, kept blowing in the barrel
vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
GI field paint (1 star at my home field) is garbage. tiny as hell (677 underbored to 675 to hold it properly) and it's bouncy as all get out. Thankfully it's a choice between that and Draxxas which is better but I'd still love if they went back to Graffiti as their field paint. .681-682 consistently and breaks well on target. It's my go to paint.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport