mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Speaking of KEE paint, their current JT paint, the cheapy-cheap base-grade stuff they sell at Academy for $30 a case, is nice.
Back when there was a lot of paint choices, I found that RPS big ball performed basically the same as marballizer, and actually broke on target (2001 or so)

Its nice when cheap paint works great.

That said, I'd be happy to spend 70 dollars a case on really high quality fresh paint, in .688 or so outside diemeter.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Valken high end paint is all I buy when I have a choice what to shoot. I have had very good luck with both Graffiti and Redemption. Both paints have been consistent, round, decently sized (around .684 mostly), and breaks on target.

I used to be strictly a RPS/Marbs guy but the quality of Kee paint has been very bad for a while now.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Speaking of KEE paint, their current JT paint, the cheapy-cheap base-grade stuff they sell at Academy for $30 a case, is nice.
I partially agree. It was super small (ie. when freak insert sizing I needed a .675 and out of 10 balls, 1 still slid through--all others had to be blown out), but it broke easy (for rec grade), wasn't dimply, and shot well. Tourney paint it was not, but (aside from size) it was a lot better than some of the stuff I had been getting.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Walk it off

Fan of EMR
Whatever happened to RPS Advantage Shell paint? That was my favorite paint to shoot several years back. It was good quality, non-dimpled, and it handled humidity well. Does KEE offer something with this shell technology?
GattoDiavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
I had one of those $15 off coupons from Dick's sporting goods and got a case of JT Inertia (checked the lots #'s for the freshest box there) and it shot great. I was really surprised.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
There are other smaller paint companies sprouting up that typically only serve their locality (YourGat in FL, APX out west, Inka (sp?) in the Badlandz area). When it comes to these buy the freshest stuff and hope!
None of the fields around me allow inka because it is almost as hard as monsterballs.

I know some magfed people like using draxxus frostbite year round, but I have never tried it. I don't really get to play much in the winter.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2754097

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew

Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 2x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 9x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC

Last edited by smiffington; 07-16-2014 at 04:24 PM.
smiffington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

I shoot Valken Echo which is the low end at my field and I love it for $50 ($40 for me) and they have Redemption too. When I play with friends on their land and I don't have anything else, I'll pick up RPS Stinger and I've gotten a lot of crap for shooting it. Never had any issues with it and it breaks for us.
DranDran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Valken. nuff said.
Spades45 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport