mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandugly View Post
Thanks for the input everyone! I'm a mediocre pump player (currently have a Revolution), so I'm used to playing with a pump. Normally I'd be the aggressive player that ends up being bait, so moving to the back to start off a D-Day game would be a change. I'm still not entirely sure if I should make an investment into FSR for just one game a year, for just 10-15 minutes.

For the guys with Hammer 7s... are you using the stock barrel? What do you think about using 12grams to shoot FSR? I don't own an air tank...
HammerHead Battlestixx is what has been tested on the T9. Compared to the stock barrel, it cut the grouping size in half.

The 13/3k shoulders nicely. If you have it on a bipod and hold it up by the frame with your off hand I guess you'd be fine, but standing up would leave you without much to anchor against.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

For such a small window of usage, why not breech load manually on the marker you already own?

Also, Dead Cell industries on Facebook has a 98 adapter that feeds FSRs (you need to mod the marker shell to have a D opening.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Also an option. FSR Conversion Kit for markers!

If you have a pump that isn't your primary, this would be perfect.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
The 98 mag feed adapter will most likely not be FS ready out of the box, seeing as the TiPX mags its designed for are not FS ready and the 98's they are going onto are not either. Even with D shape feeds cut into the receiver, magwell, and modded mags, there may still be feed issues. The reason the mags stick out at the odd angle instead of horizontal is because of the extra distance between the opening of the mag and the breech of the gun that the round must travel due to the adapter being added to the system. It relies on gravity to do the last bit of the work, and FS rounds don't like gravity feed. Typically Tippmann power tubes need the front few millimeters trimmed off them to feed FS well in any magfed platform. All this said, I will probably try to make mine FS ready as well!

The adapter in the dealer section did not work for me, but I had an early version before revisions. The feedneck latch didn't line up, the mag release didn't work, and there was no tab to release the paint from the mag.
This adapter was actually designed by Stark Pursuit, who makes the fs capable zetamags, but is being produced by Tippmann. So there is a good chance it's fs capable
Old 07-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
For such a small window of usage, why not breech load manually on the marker you already own?
That's the way I shoot first strikes.

copypasta'd because I'm lazy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
When I shoot first strikes I almost always use my VSC Phantom, but I have made no modifications.

When playing this way I run the gun as usual, full of standard paintballs, but I keep a tube or two of FS rounds for shots that require them. When the need arises, all I do is unscrew the barrel and thumb a round into the back. Then, I turn the marker upside-down, so that a normal paintball doesn't load, and pump the gun. The marker is ready to fire the FS round, and afterwards can be immediately re-cocked to resume shooting normal paintballs. At $0.40 a pop, I'd hate to waste FS rounds on targets at distances that do not require them.

FS rounds are about .687 in size, so the stock barrel is ideal.
The only trick to running the gun this way is finding normal paintballs that will be the same size, so that you don't have problems with rollouts or velocity jumps. I've had good luck with Valken Crusade and Redemption; paint that matches the FS rounds in diameter will also shoot the same velocity, I've found.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
This adapter was actually designed by Stark Pursuit, who makes the fs capable zetamags, but is being produced by Tippmann. So there is a good chance it's fs capable
I'm pretty sure it had a round feed hole when I got to see it. Regardless, the gun would need modded and there would be feeding issues. BUT I have high hopes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandugly View Post
For the guys with Hammer 7s... are you using the stock barrel? What do you think about using 12grams to shoot FSR? I don't own an air tank...
I'm going to strongly recommend getting a standard size co2 tank. High output air tanks are ideal, but most Hammers take some tuning before chronographing correctly on HPA. 12g cartridges will work, but they drop off in power shot by shot fairly quickly. Not ideal for long range shooting. A 9 or 12oz. Co2 bottle will probably do you quite well.

As for the barrel, the stock Hammer7 barrel is manufactured by CustomProducts and is supposed to have a bore size of .686. It is designed purposely to work very well with regular paint in a close bolt setup and with FSR (.686 is considered ideal FS bore by most). I would stick with the stock barrel and only upgrade if you find yourself really enjoying the setup and wanting to stick with it.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

98 mag cant be fs unless you cut the hole even then between the mag and chamber i would think there too much space to keep it inline. but i dont own one so i cant see for my self imo.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kIsF5e6pGs
Tippmann TPX/TiPX
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

The Tippmann 98 magfed kits will be partially FS capable; the mags will be, the receivers won't. But that can be fixed.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

I haven't bothered to upgrade the stock barrel on my H7,it still has the orange marking on the front also.Haven't had any barrel breaks and FS fly as straight as I could hope for

I've heard to make 98s FS compatible you also have to trim the plastic firing can a tiny bit along with the body.There may be some compatibility issues with the detent also
I've tried some experimenting with side feeding FS out of Zetas,seemed to be more problematic than underfeeding
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport