mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Been debating on getting a marker for First Strike Rounds

Been thinking about getting a marker for FSR. Debating between getting a barebones T9.1, or getting the Hammer 7. I want to do this on the cheap, but not sure what would be better. Hell, not sure why, but I only thought about this because it might give me an advantage at the next local D-Day game.

What do you all think? What would be the best "bang for the buck" marker to get for First Strike?
bigandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Whatever you get, you have to factor in the add-on's. For example, I have an H7. With that, I have a Tib riser, 4X scope, second mag.

I already had the capless stock class Joyride pack and 13/3k.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've got a H7 I bought new at release.Used it successfully at a few scenarios.Didn't believe in FS hype untill I used them.Even without sights I got several long distance shots.
There's definitely nicer pumps and FS markers out there for the money you can't beat it.
A nice introductory marker for pump and magfed.Only real drawback is the cost of mags and the last FS in each mag tends to be fussy.
Also I found I'm a sucky pump player,luckily I didn't invest $200+ to find this out
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know Tippmann is coming out with an adapter for the 98 that allows you to use Tipx magazines, don't see why it would be FS compatible.
chrisrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
What about the adapter that is for sale in the dealer section.
pk5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrook View Post
I know Tippmann is coming out with an adapter for the 98 that allows you to use Tipx magazines, don't see why it would be FS compatible.
The 98 mag feed adapter will most likely not be FS ready out of the box, seeing as the TiPX mags its designed for are not FS ready and the 98's they are going onto are not either. Even with D shape feeds cut into the receiver, magwell, and modded mags, there may still be feed issues. The reason the mags stick out at the odd angle instead of horizontal is because of the extra distance between the opening of the mag and the breech of the gun that the round must travel due to the adapter being added to the system. It relies on gravity to do the last bit of the work, and FS rounds don't like gravity feed. Typically Tippmann power tubes need the front few millimeters trimmed off them to feed FS well in any magfed platform. All this said, I will probably try to make mine FS ready as well!

The adapter in the dealer section did not work for me, but I had an early version before revisions. The feedneck latch didn't line up, the mag release didn't work, and there was no tab to release the paint from the mag.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bland

If Tippmann is making mag-fed 98's I am IN.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I got a T-9 and set it up for FS...used it twice...I am not a back player! Thought I could be...I go to the front! FS...not for me at this time...my twin T-8's are a blat tho! Good luck either way!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
The 98 mag feed adapter will most likely not be FS ready out of the box, seeing as the TiPX mags its designed for are not FS ready and the 98's they are going onto are not either. Even with D shape feeds cut into the receiver, magwell, and modded mags, there may still be feed issues. The reason the mags stick out at the odd angle instead of horizontal is because of the extra distance between the opening of the mag and the breech of the gun that the round must travel due to the adapter being added to the system. It relies on gravity to do the last bit of the work, and FS rounds don't like gravity feed. Typically Tippmann power tubes need the front few millimeters trimmed off them to feed FS well in any magfed platform. All this said, I will probably try to make mine FS ready as well!

The adapter in the dealer section did not work for me, but I had an early version before revisions. The feedneck latch didn't line up, the mag release didn't work, and there was no tab to release the paint from the mag.
Good to know all that. I always thought the Tipx was FS compatible to some reason. But, if a little bit of work would make it capable, it'd probably be the best/cheapest option for mag fed/FS.
chrisrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm a mediocre pump player (currently have a Revolution), so I'm used to playing with a pump. Normally I'd be the aggressive player that ends up being bait, so moving to the back to start off a D-Day game would be a change. I'm still not entirely sure if I should make an investment into FSR for just one game a year, for just 10-15 minutes.

For the guys with Hammer 7s... are you using the stock barrel? What do you think about using 12grams to shoot FSR? I don't own an air tank...
bigandugly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport