mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I second punkncat's idea... a day of rental/borrow gear play first. Then figure out what you want your go to marker to be... Then collect all the cool old stuff. Use the cool old stuff until you get frustrated, it breaks, crap goes wrong, and then move back to your go to marker.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Go to the local and play a day of rental before you jump feet first into looking for a box of Stingrays. Paintball has come a LONG way since then. Nostalgia or not, don't limit yourself to an obsolete low quality marker with all the old stuff that is available cheap now.
agreed Automags and Autocockers are a dime a dozen used and are dirt cheap compared to back in the day. and modern paint hoovers.
vintage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Tigershark, not Stingray pump. Worth maybe $15.
agh i stand corrected..
i still may get it just for the experience of a pump...looks clean....now holding air???
NYKNIGHT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Old School Woods Baller

Agreed, Go to a few fields and rent. Mainly to check out the fields. Fields have gotten smaller and paint hosing and overkill have dulled the sport. Advertised woodsball is often actually just speedball. Stock play may turn out to be your preferred game. Lots of quality vintage markers turn up regularly here. If you decide on HPA Electros, Do lots research first. There are a lot of overpriced paperweights left over from the ramping wars that people are eager to unload. One big caution, On buying your own mask, Make sure it is paintball rated and not just airsoft rated. One can no longer tell the difference just on appearance.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayBlackCat View Post
Agreed, Go to a few fields and rent. Mainly to check out the fields. Fields have gotten smaller and paint hosing and overkill have dulled the sport. Advertised woodsball is often actually just speedball.
Agreed. I played walk-on for the first time in a while this past weekend. The number of people lighting up the rentals with their space dildos was pretty discouraging. The refs banned the use of full auto but ramping was still allowed for some reason. In my opinion, there's little difference between the two when playing against first timers. How a field handles mixed groups really says a lot about how player friendly it is.
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hey airgunartist, define "mid Michigan". We have a small but growing group of pump players up north. We usually play walk on at one of the local fields. Mostly rental players with some gun owners. The douchebaggery is at a minimum most days.
And there is the Eastern Michigan Pump Players group as well. They are a pretty good bunch of guys and they are having a pump only game at Landing Zone paintball near Clio, Aug 26.
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
Hey airgunartist, define "mid Michigan". We have a small but growing group of pump players up north. We usually play walk on at one of the local fields. Mostly rental players with some gun owners. The douchebaggery is at a minimum most days.
And there is the Eastern Michigan Pump Players group as well. They are a pretty good bunch of guys and they are having a pump only game at Landing Zone paintball near Clio, Aug 26.
I am actually in Owosso, Michigan. So only about 30 or so minutes from Clio. As for August 26th, I am busy with prior obligations.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Paintball Cheapskate

Found this while cleaning our basement over the weekend.

This was the rental field I had my bachelor party at. He had some left over hats and gave me one as a gift.

Last edited by airgunartist; 08-14-2017 at 07:25 PM.
airgunartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

That's cool, I was just letting you know that what you seem to be looking for is out there. EMPG actually has monthly pump games at CRU paintball. Also, if you are a road trip kinda guy, Area 51 paintball in Mancelona is a family friendly field. Yes it is a haul from Owosso, but having to think of the family playing a fun day it may be worth the drive.
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Here's your pic, use a site like imgur.com that lets you directly hotlink the .jpg

My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport