mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
in the just that this is not mcb, i would get a cheap hepa bottle, and get an ion.
Ditto. Or if you don't have money for all the extras that you'd need for that gun, I have a TON of Tippmanns to sell that are great guns since they're rock solid and don't require a lot of maintenance. (link: http://www.paintballcity.org/forums/...ead.php?t=503). Good luck
Old 04-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr
Actually, if you're going to air anyway, you may want to stick with your current marker. An airtank will take care of a lot of reliability issues over CO2. You'll get regulated output straight from the tank and freeze-up will be a thing of the past.

I would get the air tank if I were you and try it with your current setup. You may find that you don't need a new gun at all.

I agree completely. Getting a good hpa bottle and and always making sure you go to the field with fresh spare batteries should solve most of your problems.
Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks alot that is a huge help. i am sure when 32degrees took over the dragunfly but thats what the case says and thats what the gun says, so IDK. I always turn the triger off so thats not a big issue i was just concerned that say i play all day i wont know when it will die and if it does in the field i am OUT and that blows. Any idea what Balls work best for FULL AUTO. cuz i have that option on the gun but i always brack balls in it. thanks again for all the help guys you guys are life savers.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

If you break balls on full auto (which is a blasphemy, by the way ) it's because the hopper isn't feeding fast enough. So if you are interested in going full auto (even though most fields don't allow it), you might want to look into a new hopper.

If I were you, and you wanted a good gun AND to run it on HPA, why not sell the gun you currently have to add to the cash pile? Then you should be able to afford a decent gun with an HPA tank.
t-son_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
If you are using one of those electric sear tripper autococker knock off dragunflys then I can't recommend you keep it. I suspect it will qualify as a "money pit" and be difficult to keep running. My brother bought several of these when they were unloading them cheap on ebay to use as loaners and they are the worst marker out of the box I have ever experienced. Half of them didn't work at all. They may fair better on HPA, but we ended up throwing out the stock lpr regs on all of them and replacing each with an STO reg. They can be made to work, they are just pretty flimsy and not very satisfying. I wouldn't want to be stuck using one and they proved to be relatively unpopular as loaners as well.

Okay, so you can tell I was disapointed by Dragunfly quality, I don't intend to put down anyone's marker. I will however suggest a Tippmann as a good beginner marker. They have earned a reputation for quality over many years in the business by producing extremely durable markers that perform well. They are well liked by seasoned veterans as well. Honestly, there are many markers that can be recommended but the right one is the one you like. The best advice that has been given so far is to try a few if you can and see what fits you best.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

i havent bought it yet i am decieding weather i want to or not i have it on loan. i like the Tipman 98 that my cusion just got and i am thinking og going with one. i am also looking into a few others i am basicaly just trying to get the general idea behind guns. i have played for 2 years but have used this dragunfly and have had nothign but problems but i like the look of it. i might just have to forget looks till i can afored to make my gun look how i want. again thanks for the help every one.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I'll jump on the 'Get a Tippmann M98C' opinion. Rock-solid reliability and very upgradeable. I have many 'better' guns but mine is still one of my favorites. Or if you want to spend a little more for more standard features and easier maintainance, go with the A-5.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm definitely with Curt. The best all around first gun is probably the Tippmann. I have one that has played for 6 seasons and still works fine. THey are very reliable, and if you have a problem most places can fix them easily. You can get a new 98 C on ebay for around 125 (the last time I looked) and they shoot fine. The A5's are fine if you want more gun.

You are very likely going to get another gun, don't try to get everything in the first one. ROF is definitely not something to worry about when you're learning.

On Tippmanns, I'd recommend keeping them stock except for one thing. Throw the POS stock barrel away and buy a decent aftermarket one. I have a J/J ceramic on mine that I paid 20 for in good used shape. It shoots darts.

Just don't add upgrades until you have a $300 gun, you're still only going to get $75 to 100 for it used. Buy more gun when you're ready for it. P
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat
On Tippmanns, I'd recommend keeping them stock except for one thing. Throw the POS stock barrel away and buy a decent aftermarket one. I have a J/J ceramic on mine that I paid 20 for in good used shape.
P
While I agree on the main point of this, the stock barrel can usually be dramaticly improved with some car polish apllied w/ cloth on a wooden dowl on a power drill. Made a HUGE diff on mine, and a few friends as well. The J&J ceramic barrel rocks, too.

Get a tippmann, what everyone said is right on. I prefer procarbine's to 98c's, though. Little slower rof and slightly heavier trigger pull, but generaly a better shooter out of the box from my experience.
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Well Dont kill me people, ION's are $200 now. Get one of those, they are fast fun and as long as you dont mess with it simple. My cousin has one for $400 with a 72/45 and a Halo. I played with it last weekend, super fun.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport