mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LittleIrish91

new to it all

Ive been playing paintball for years and just recently Buck from this forum( long time friend) let me use his pump and i loved it. Well he told me to stop by here for some pointers because he said you guys are a cool group of guys(unlike PbN). So i do have a question. What is a good way to start out in stock class? What is the gear? What kind of marker should i be looking at being new and all? and where are those discounts for stock class that all those other players look for? If my questions sound a little "noobish" i understand but im really interested in pump so im looking for some help. Thank you
LittleIrish91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Legendary

The best way to learn is to draw from your own experiences. The paintball community is surprisingly generous and friendly. Go up and talk to people about their gun/gear. Ask if you can shoot a few rounds from it. This will, quite often, be taken as a compliment and more often than not the person will let you play a round or two with it.

Everyone is different; find the gun that works for you. Try everything you can.

edit- Don't drop a ton of money on your first gun unless you're 100% sure this is THE GUN for you and nothing else could possibly be better. You may decide stock class isn't even your thing.
Bonesjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Buck allowing me to use his marker was awesome i just think i need to re-adjust my strategies a little better. Such as since im a very aggressive player i feel like if i do get into this ill look like a little agglet and get eliminated before i get any sort of eliminations. With my old playing style ( i mean i use electros) its alot of run and gun and take any opportunity before an opposing player takes it. I already realized bunkering is completely different in pump and i love talking to more experienced players. I research hard before i enter any style of play and this seems like the place to get that done. And thanks for your help its greatly appreciated.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

get a phantom and both a stock class body and a direct feed body.
figure about $225 or so...

then, get out on the field and shoot some paint!

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
get a phantom and both a stock class body and a direct feed body.
figure about $225 or so...

then, get out on the field and shoot some paint!
haha always my favorite approach. I like the actual challenge involved in pump. Ive never been so frustrated on missing the first couple of shots. Usually 3 missed shots are nothing to me because you keep snap shooting and changing angles and usually hes out but its was a whole new concept for me to hit someone with a single shot.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
stock class paintball is a long learning curve. the guns arent more accurate, you have to be. all you can do is snapshoot. i just started to learn. if you want somthing that is difficult and rewarding, then youve come to the right place, but otherwise, just get a trilly, pump kit it, and "play" at being a pumper, because it takes work.
you can learn to play ok semi in about 15 minutes. ok stock class has you talking weeks, if not months.
lukster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've handed people my phantom to shoot and it seems like they can't hit anything with it. I then take it and with one or two shots I'll hit the target. Most of the time I don't even aim.. you just feel what is right and know where the ball will land. Once you get to that point you dominate playing stock class and people are amazed at your snap shooting skills. Playing stock class is different having such a light set up, having to pump, watch your 12 gram useage, and how many balls you have left so it's different for everybody.

The first time I played I used a stock class tube but with my 68/45 so I wouldn't have to worry about 12 grams. This worked out great for me since I only had to worry about shots. After playing stock class for a while I started getting into open class and I like both equally. I would imagine it's easier to start out open class then move to stock class.
Kahnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukster14 View Post
stock class paintball is a long learning curve. the guns arent more accurate, you have to be. all you can do is snapshoot. i just started to learn. if you want somthing that is difficult and rewarding, then youve come to the right place, but otherwise, just get a trilly, pump kit it, and "play" at being a pumper, because it takes work.
you can learn to play ok semi in about 15 minutes. ok stock class has you talking weeks, if not months.
good stock class is years
dauntless15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Always lurking... Always

Send a message via AIM to applesauce

one of the big things about pump (for me atleast) is staying a step, or two, ahead. you dont have the fire power to get out of certain situations, so you have to find ways to avoid them. as for gear, start out with something brass, they dont lose their value so if you decied stock class isn't for you, you can just sell it to a gun whore on this forum.(there are plenty so no need to worry) get some 10 round tubes, id recomend speed caps for um, and some sort of harness to carry them (starting out, those wrist bands for shotguns work great)

Pops always used to say, "Better to be an a**hole than the whole a**".
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Get an s-6 you will logber them, smooth every shot
Josh_Bond is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport