mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Absolutely not! I use guns that those Agg buttholes would consider "n00b guns". I use a 98 Custom or a Trracer most of the time. Their ignorance and pompous attitude reflects on their skill. Those are usually the guys that get eliminated first. Needless to say, guess what they blame when they get out? Their markers.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's all in the player. Having a pump does not make you any better either though there are plenty of players that think because they play pump they are superior and still can't play very well.
comovartia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Generally you don't see many first timers rocking the really expensive stuff. There are of course the odd exceptions but most of the time if a person has spent a large amount of money on gear they are serious about the game. That doesn't make them better but it does mean you should keep your eye on them for the first couple of games and form an opinion from there.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

look at the gear...
but WATCH the player.

Quality is the only reason to spend big bucks.
I will more willingly hand over $1000.00+USD for a PPS Gun
before i will spend $50.00-USD on any electro.
(been reminded just how much they are not my cup of tea)

i find it funny to see the number of people that can't identify
guns that have been around for a long while and are still out there.

saw a 20 something at Canadian Tire on Friday going on about how "SYC!"
this gun on the shelf was; while talking to his GF.
he was particularly impressed with the dual regulators and triple gas supply lines from the valve...

looking at a WGP/KEE Trilogy...

remove the names from some guns and the $$$$$$$$ makes me better guys often think
that things like the Automag are brand new on the market. provided they look the part.
Bling and all that.

Last edited by LK-13; 05-31-2009 at 06:57 PM.
LK-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Well put Wayne. I've tried a bunch of different guns and have my own tastes. I've never seen the point in buying brand spanking new. firstly it's too rich for my blood and 2 why buy brand new when you're comfortable shooting what you've got? heck right now I'm shooting a first gen brass PGP and loving it sure it's limited firepower but at the same I still go out and have fun and that's 99% of what they game is. Not about buying expensive gear and being thought of as better

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #26 (permalink)

welll
in 5 hours
i think this will help me and many others
thanks
Doug
halfblockcocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
At living legends...yesterday... some dude was wailing on my bunker with an 09 Ego, i took one snap shot with my sniper and eliminated him. Its all the player, none of the gun.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
At living legends...yesterday... some dude was wailing on my bunker with an 09 Ego, i took one snap shot with my sniper and eliminated him. Its all the player, none of the gun.
Yep. I got a head shot on a guy playing with a very nice Angel, and all I had was a PGP. And this was an ex-tourney player. It's all in the player.

Though I will say this, with a very good player, and a very good electro, they are deadly. Pumps do limit you somewhat, especially playing stock class/modified stock class.
schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuby View Post
Yep. I got a head shot on a guy playing with a very nice Angel, and all I had was a PGP. And this was an ex-tourney player. It's all in the player.

Though I will say this, with a very good player, and a very good electro, they are deadly. Pumps do limit you somewhat, especially playing stock class/modified stock class.
Very well put.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Give in to the Night

Location: Austin, capital of the greatest country in the world, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuby View Post

I would say you are toe-ing the line with attitude the other way (sorry, not bashing on ya in any way, just making a statement). Don't let your high-cost gear let you think you are more skilled because you shelled out more money for it. On the other hand, don't automatically discount people with high end guns as part of the "Agg butthole" (awesome description, hence the ""s)crowd. Maybe they are a good player, and just wanted/liked the feel of a higher end gun. I myself shoot many types of guns (Sys X NME, Orracle, trilly pump, even a friggen evil omen) and find I generally do fairly well. It is all a matter of choice, but don't automatically discount the player based on their choice in gear, good or bad.
My two .02, feel free to bash or hate

chopper_duke: You guys just don't understand how hard it is to take pictures from a dark closet and not wake the person up...

bring me a white rotor sale
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post1853123
noctem89 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport