mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

New to scenario play

I think I have a pretty good handle on what equipment and clothing I want to bring. Right now my 2 big questions are about air tanks and pods. How often will I have a chance to refill paint and air? Should I look into a bigger air tank? My current is a 50/3000 and should I look into buying some pods and a pack? I plan to run my DP G3 as a primary and a sniper or spyder as a backup if need be.

Any tid bits of info you may have that you have learned from over the years would be appriciated. I read the FAQs and Links by Harb under the senario forum as a starter.

As always thanks,

MCB Feedback
CC Feedback
spanky1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Generally you can get re-inserted into the game every 15 mins, so you can reload ammo and air pretty frequently if you want.
SFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

each game producer will have their own rules about insertion so there isn't a real rule of thumb in terms of that.

You always have the option of walking off the field to resupply, the only question becomes how inconvenient it may be. It will also depend on how much you typically like to shoot. Do you have a pack now?

I carry about 4 pods with me, typically. I have a 68K 4500 tank so that usually works for me, but I normally don't shoot too much (the joys of carrying a LAW) If I know there's going to be more heavy firefights, I'll carry more paint both for me and teammates.
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Right now I do not have any pods or packs. Usually we play many short games through out the day. I have ran out of paint in the past but I have never even came close on air. My G3 will pretty much run my tank dry. I may invest in a pack and give that a try this time. If I need something else I will know for next time.

MCB Feedback
CC Feedback
spanky1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give in to the Night

Location: Austin, capital of the greatest country in the world, Texas

Yes to both. Especially with an electro, you will run your hopper dry fast (unless you have a pinokio). A g3 is also pretty air efficiant, but as far as a 50/3k, ittle get drained faaast.
As far as packs go, you can get almost anything, as long as it holds pods, ittle be cheap. Id reccomend an older speedball type pack, unless you can find a cheap vest.

Tanks, you should definatly invest in a large tank. You can never go wrong with too much air, only with not enough. Easiest to find is a 68/4.5k tank. You could find something cheap, as long as its a high pressure tank, and has a good date left on hydro (usualy 1 or two years) A good carbon fiber tank will serve you well.

I play with a higher end electro sometimes for scenarios. I run with a 68 4.5k, and 6 pods, and can stay in the field for hours. The longer you are in the field, the bigger an impact you make on the game and the more fun you will have

Just my 2c

chopper_duke: You guys just don't understand how hard it is to take pictures from a dark closet and not wake the person up...

bring me a white rotor sale
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post1853123
noctem89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Spec Ops has their Recon Vests on sale for $20 right now. That's 4-6 pods plus a tank pouch on the back and pockets on the front. Most importantly is the pocket for the hydration pouch. I will not play a scenario anymore with out a camelbak or vest with hydration pouch. I've seen a lot more people drop during summer scenarios from dehydration and heat problems than I have paint and air.

There is really no easy way to carry enough water on-field without a vest or harness of some kind.

Just a bit of a different angle on your question, but I wanted to throw it out there.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give in to the Night

pbwaterpod.com
this thing has saved my butt mannnnnnny times

chopper_duke: You guys just don't understand how hard it is to take pictures from a dark closet and not wake the person up...

Old 06-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've not tried one, as I have a camelbak, but even the waterpod will require a harness to carry.

I suppose my point is simply that any way you would need to arrange to carry sufficient water will also offer the advantage of being able to carry paint, etc. as well.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Give in to the Night

ah, the lovely invention of the belt :P

Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

A pod pack and pods is a must for sure, and dont forget the Gold Bond

isnipeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport