mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
If you use a gun with mags, and you're playing recball, look for those wicking polos with the pocket on the breast. It helps to reload if you switch mags in and out of there instead of fishing around in pockets or dropping your empties on the ground.

I don't personally do this cause I use a shoulder holster and can just pop the mags back in, but competitive sport shooters seem to do it all the time.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #42 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS View Post
If you use a gun with mags, and you're playing recball, look for those wicking polos with the pocket on the breast. It helps to reload if you switch mags in and out of there instead of fishing around in pockets or dropping your empties on the ground.

I don't personally do this cause I use a shoulder holster and can just pop the mags back in, but competitive sport shooters seem to do it all the time.
Oh yeah, thought of another good pistol tip: if you play with a tib (or probably any other pistol) leave 1 of your mag holders empty. When you pop a mag, drop it upside-down in the empty space and pull the new mag out! Wash, rinse, repeat with ever mag after
Old 08-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate View Post
Oh yeah, thought of another good pistol tip: if you play with a tib (or probably any other pistol) leave 1 of your mag holders empty. When you pop a mag, drop it upside-down in the empty space and pull the new mag out! Wash, rinse, repeat with ever mag after
Better yet carry all of your mag holders full, as the game start pull a fresh mag, shoot until your mag is empty, eject empty mag into your shirt pocket (I know most jerseys don't come with breast pockets), slam new mag into place, shoot as needed, move empty mag from shirt pocket to the empty mag holder, pull fresh mag, wait until you have to change mags again, repeat.

See YouTube - tagload No I'm not the person in the video (sometimes they post here on MCB), I suspect they can go a lot faster than that.
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Castro #66

I'll always pull my fresh mag before dropping the first one. Always. Unless you've got a good hiding spot, you shouldn't be caught dead without something chambered.

TRUST
TRUSTER
Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
also recall this pgp does not shoot well from far. so be trail and era on it for first few games you learn what range is best too. base on this. wind or no wind or rain or no rain. last but least will learn have to get closer more then often. so learn how to use bunkers too.
Unless the springs are worn and it's not getting a good velocity I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Another thing to consider- send your PGP to Palmer's. They'll tune it so it gets close to 40 shots per 12g. That'll make for one less thing to be worried about- you can put off changing out the 12g longer.
+1 on this.
Performance tune, Speed feed, fasst changer, and a velocity adjuster will make your PGP into a new marker.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport

« Pants | Hey »