mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ill attest to that. i always hated knee pads back in the old school days. they sweat nasty, straps cut circulation off and slip. plus, you can forget about sliding into anything unless you want to turn that knee pad into a jockstrap.

paintball pants are just that. pants designed for paintball. they provide you comfort and functionality that keeps you in the game longer. the last thing you want to have to deal with while playing, is comfort and performance issues.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Un Tico

i use to wear knee pads under paintball pants, most paintball pants i find dont have enough patting when you go down kneel. but yeah just like everyone mentioned they move around and slide on you allot.

thats why i started to look around and found the icon knee and shin guards. they are made for motorcycle riding, but they work awesome for paintball and softball. both in softball and paintball i slide and take a knee and those babies dont move around at all. and when you take a knee or slide hard you dont feel a damn thing. the only thing is if you have skinny legs like me, you will have to add a little velcro felt, just sew it on to make them little tighter around your ankles. i pretty much just wear these now and shorts, they dont make you sweat or hot but protect and fact that i wear shorts just keeps me even cooler. for sure you should check them out.

Ride Icon
C_losjoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input guys. Looks like the consensus is to get the padded pants so I'll focus my efforts on that.

My Feedback Thread
PolePosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

holler at mar. or me. his are fancier though.

APX regional Sales Rep.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

If you tend to be REALLY hard on your knees, you might want to go the route I did and check out the Pro pants from BT. These have hard rubber kneepads sewn into them with neoprene cushioning on the skin-side. The pads tend to rub a bit when walking but never slide out of position and are always in the right spot when you need them. If you're going to be diving or kneeling on gravel, concrete, or packed earth this is the best protection you can get.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Those seem a little bit too restricting but I'd be willing to give them a shot.

Best pants I have used so far are smokin pants. The foam built in pads are actually substantial. All the cool guy agg paintball pants I have used, despite feeling nice and having nice elastic in the groin area and stuff like that..they just dont have the knee pads for hard pack dirt.

The smokins are 100x more comfortable than any pant ive used so far because to get enough knee padding I need to wear pants + knee pads with any other pant I have used yet.

Like I said id try those BT pants if they werent so milsim, but the knees look too stiff and hefty.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Laser guy...

Send a message via AIM to ncbbh88

Fan of EMR
ive played soccer (goalie), hockey and run track all my life, my knees are in terrible shape. you only get the ones you are born with you should baby them the best you can, even minor bumps and bruises add up in the long run. i used to think that i didnt need padding for my knees and im paying the price now. i'm only 20 and my knees are in terrible shape.

on the paintball field i wear padded pants AND full knee/shin pads. it only takes one stray rock or root to reakky ruin your day and give you problems for a long time.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
holler at mar. or me. his are fancier though.
Clear your PM box, I've tried to PM you but it says it is full

My Feedback Thread
PolePosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Those seem a little bit too restricting but I'd be willing to give them a shot.
Like I said id try those BT pants if they werent so milsim, but the knees look too stiff and hefty.
Yep, you should definitely try a pair on before plunking down the money. Mine took some getting used to.

Although I would like to know what you mean by "so milsim."
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolePosition View Post
Clear your PM box, I've tried to PM you but it says it is full
done

APX regional Sales Rep.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport