mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Yep, you should definitely try a pair on before plunking down the money. Mine took some getting used to.

Although I would like to know what you mean by "so milsim."
If you look at those pants you will notice that they are camoflage, and have tactical looking knee pads. I'd rather have a different color.

The trick is to remember that paintball is a game and not your life. Damaging your knees or any other part of your body is simply not worth it. If you like to play, take care of yourself in such a way that will allow you to play for years to come.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Pump Convert

My Evils have lots of padding but I still like wearing my Empire knee/shin pads. I live in FL so it's humid and hot but the number of bounces I've gotten is worth it. Plus, sliding is a breeze.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Smokin' Pants are great. I used to wear knee pads/braces under standard padded paintball pants and my knee's still took a beating. I switched to Smokin' Pants with the knee pads in them and havent went back, they work great. I dont even need the braces realy anymore because my knee's take less of a beating and they have stopped hurting all the time.

You will also stay cooler with out knee pads stuck to your skin as mentioned already, and they do slip down and its anoying to have to keep pulling them up. I have been shot out while either running slow with a knee pad on my shin, or while pulling them up and its aggrivating.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
drg
Banned

I play on fields with rocks and other debris on them, so I would never rely on just the padding in paintball pants. I just can't trust it's thick and protective enough, or that it will be in the right place when I need it.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I randomly picked up a set of Angel knee pads today and they are the best I've ever used. Padding tech has definitely gotten better since my 05 ground pounders. They almost felt like they weren't there.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I am going against the grain on this one. Although I have never owned a pair of padded paintball pants (perhaps I should, I dunno) I wear knee pads with my pants. I also wear them on the outside of my pants. I do this primarily to save the knees in my pants from ripping and wear. As was stated, you do have to live with some slippage and loosening of the pads, but I still find that they are much better than not having knee pads.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

most definately. whatever you do, take care of your knees. its all you got. i am uploading a ghetto review of the apx thrasher pants. this isnt just a shameless plug for our gear, but to show you guys the standards of pants that are made specifically for paintball. ive been playing for 20yrs and it took me awhile to get out of my old vietnam tiger bdus. back in the day thats all we had was bdus and knee pads. so it was like bdu and tactical knee pad to bdu and jt rhino knee and shin pads then into paintball pants. but after making the transition, i find i am more comfortable and more gear efficient, both keep me on field longer and make my day more enjoyable.

its all based on player preference. but i know that i have spent alot of money trying different things and thrown alot of money away over the years. whatever the gear you choose, you want to be protected, comfortable and low maintenance so you can focus more on the game and less on your gear.

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.

Last edited by havokrooster; 09-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
*Twenty Twen Twen*

another vote for smoking paintball pants. the pads are wide and make the pants flare alittle, but i haven't had any problems sliding. even thought i don't do a whole lot.
I have also heard great things about the DBD pants as some guys i play with have them. They love the pants, and have nothing but great things to say. I'm just not into camo, i like basic black.
MY FEEDBACK
FlorryPB Brass and Stainless Sheridan Velocity Adjusters
FlorryPB Stainless Steel Phantom Valve Bodies
diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Viddler.com - apx pants - Uploaded by havokrooster

East Tennessee Woodsball League

APX regional Sales Rep.
Paint promos, Sponsorships, Custom player gear.
havokrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
*Twenty Twen Twen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokrooster View Post
" your going to slide, not crash and burn and roll around like a wounded bird."
MY FEEDBACK
FlorryPB Brass and Stainless Sheridan Velocity Adjusters
FlorryPB Stainless Steel Phantom Valve Bodies
diOs is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport