mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

they should allow it. Velocity's got a store near there. Even Dye's HQ is nearby. Maybe you can even tell them some BS like it'll make the school look good by supporting local industry or something
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

It doesn't seem to matter to PUSD what's around. But good info to pass on to the kids that want to fight the fight. I've heard of some other schools in the SDUSD that have a PB club. I'd like to get those people in touch with these kids to help them out maybe and give them tips to how they were able to make it happen.
Besides inviting board members out to play (which won't happen I'm sure) the only way they'll get educated on the subject is either through colleagues or reading. It's very doubtful that closed minded people will think about reading info handed to them if you know what I mean.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

my own school refused to let us borrow the gym for science competitions that was done in the school's name.

the principal wanted us to rent it like non-school organizations. yet they happily brag about us when we win trophies for them.

honestly i've had nothing but bad experience with school boards. they only care about themselves and their reputation, which is why i suggest the kids graduate and come back to tell everyone how bad the board is (now that you told me the principal is good).
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Try talking to some school teams? I know UF supports it.

University of Florida Gators Paintball Team - Home
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Reinventing the Wheel

Maybe talk to the kids and ask them to enforce a strict "NO markers at meetings or on campus" policy, and make sure the principal knows?
LoopyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyDood View Post
Maybe talk to the kids and ask them to enforce a strict "NO markers at meetings or on campus" policy, and make sure the principal knows?
Yeah I thought about that one. Since really they don't need the markers except at the fields. That would totally remove the excuse of weapons being the reason to not have the club at the school.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

When I played ball I don't remeber ever bringing a bat to a classroom. There was no need for it to be there.

Demonio, I sent you a PM that might help.

BTW, the news media loves this sort of thing.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
When I played ball I don't remeber ever bringing a bat to a classroom. There was no need for it to be there.
good point. A bat is just as dangerous as a paintball gun.

I played Highschool hockey, and never took any of my equipment on campus. We did not practice or play on their property. I would think the same would go for paintball.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport