mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

PM sent, I think I can help out
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
New ninja are 13ci tanks are $60 witch is pretty cheap, they get about 150 shots before you need to refill, and you dont have to get them re-hydroed

I would look around for some cheaper open class pump markers...And some older profilers maybe... im not the smartest when it comes to budgeting.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to egyeager Send a message via Yahoo to egyeager

For as much as I would LOVE to outfit these guys with Automags it just might not be in the cards. I am a HUGE Automag fan but at about $100 a piece that is far beyond what I would feel comfertable asking from the student body.

Eventually if there is enough demand (and there would need to be a LOT) I could see getting pumps but in the mean time I don't see them as being terribly needed for a bunch of new players. However with that being said if I somehow have maybe $40 or $50 left in the budget I would grab a pump but that is a BIG maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
If your players are going to be thrown in with electros, avoid handing them pumps. It'll just frustrate them. If they're only playing against each other, OK.

My suggestion though would be 68 Classic Automags which can be had for as little as $100 and they're way better markers than blowback semis. See if you can source some of those.

As others have said, 9oz CO2 tanks won't need to be rehydroed. Put anti-siphon in them to save the cost of a regulator, since 'mags have a regulator in their valve already.
egyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyeager View Post
For as much as I would LOVE to outfit these guys with Automags it just might not be in the cards. I am a HUGE Automag fan but at about $100 a piece that is far beyond what I would feel comfertable asking from the student body.

Eventually if there is enough demand (and there would need to be a LOT) I could see getting pumps but in the mean time I don't see them as being terribly needed for a bunch of new players. However with that being said if I somehow have maybe $40 or $50 left in the budget I would grab a pump but that is a BIG maybe.
Email sent with photos
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Serious Business

I'll have to agree with the 98s, but buying a pro-lite or a pro-am might be a better choice, depending on which one you like more. 98s would be better to maintain, considering all the parts available, but the pro series never dies...
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

did you at least read my comment about brand new 30$ 5 year HPA tanks?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Bulk buys are your friend!

Squeegees, Tanks, Etc: Paintball, Skateboard, BMX, Airsoft, Apparel and Snowboard Gear at ActionVillage.com

Full Gun Packages: Gun Packages and Kits at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

Full Gun Packages: Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment

Some of these are out of your price range but there are some SWEET deals if you're willing to save up for a bit ($165 for a 98 with everything you need!). These websites are also GREAT to deal with with fast shipping and helpful CS. I only use ANS now though because Action Village ships with UPS, and they're a huge PITA when crossing the border...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
  1. Learn of Zombie infestation. How? Who knows. Probably from the General Chat section off MCB
Wrathbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Pump Convert

I would go over to the nation and try to nab 5 Tippmann 98s. Rock solid guns and are probably the sturdiest gun on the market (that's still in large numbers).
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Start shopping around with field owners who are looking to retire or upgrade their rental fleet.

Hit up TagRoland here on MCB...he's got several former rental Piranha's (Spyder clones)for very cheap...probably has all the other stuff you're looking for to, as he runs a field. Here's a link to one of his recent sales. $15 former rental guns? I think you might have a winner...Inventory Blowout #2

And, he's just a decent guy to deal with overall

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Put a Want To Buy ad here on MCB in the classifieds.
There are quite a few ex field owners trying to sell of rental packages who are always glad to see offers to buy multiple kits.
Hopefully someone has some Tippmann Pro-Lites or Carbines you can snag for cheap.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport