mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Playing since 1984

Stock class game

If I am not mistaken, this would be Strategy Plus' 30th Anniversay since they opened in 1983. We can celebrate that as well.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

A couple of folks have mentioned to me that this date conflicts with a nearby Gravity League game. Unfortunately, after scheduling around quite a few other games (primarily Pump Castle), this was the best date available for us in order to have our annual Spring game. The next available date would have been in the beginning of summer, and we didn't want to postpone that long. As most of our "regulars" don't participate in Gravity League games we felt that this would be a non-issue, and I think for the most part it is. As it is impossible to have one date work for everyone, we are hoping the dates we pick work for most.
Regards,
Slim

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I definitely want to go,but I can't commit yet....supposed to be going to Gettysburg at the beginning of the month and not sure the dates yet as I'm not the one planning the trip
LPPC Member #71

Feedback

Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass and Wood Fan
The rules say no DF but what about pvc stock feeds? I'm trying to get a camping party going but none of my friends have SC guns so I need to know how many loaners I have. I wanted to loan out my PMI 1 DF with a homemade stick feed but only if it's kosher.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I think that Slim has to make the final decision but there were definately people using DF guns with stick feeds last summer. I plan on doing that with an old Sniper if it is ok.

I want to camp, just have to check with the misses first.

FOR SALE
BLachance75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

If you guys are not getting paintballs from them and need some paint, please let me know so I can start the list early. I don't have a problem splitting up boxes. Or selling per bag.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
If you guys are not getting paintballs from them and need some paint, please let me know so I can start the list early. I don't have a problem splitting up boxes. Or selling per bag.
Mark me down for a bag of paint. Add it to my gas tab, and I'll square up with you before we head down there.

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
The rules say no DF but what about pvc stock feeds? I'm trying to get a camping party going but none of my friends have SC guns so I need to know how many loaners I have. I wanted to loan out my PMI 1 DF with a homemade stick feed but only if it's kosher.
In order to let as many folks play as possible we have allowed players to use direct feed guns with HORIZONTAL feed tubes that are attached with a 90 elbow in past games, and haven't had any problems.

The important factor here is that the distance between the elbow and the breech should be as SMALL as possible. Meaning that the elbow should curve 90 right off the feed neck, and limit the amount of pellets being stacked above the breech.

Here is an example of an acceptable set up on a Sniper, and some examples of horizontal feed tubes for DF guns...

osc97.jpg

stick_feeds.jpg

Here is an example of a direct feed gun with a stick feed that isn't horizontally fed, and would NOT be allowed...

not_ok.jpg

PMI 1s are considered stock class and are fine to use as-is - like this...

PMI-1.jpg

An example of a PMI 1 with a 45 stick feed adapter that would NOT be allowed...

PMI1_02.jpg

Auto-triggers and spring-fed guns are also OK. Basically this is all considered "modified" stock-class equipment. As long as the gun is horizontally fed, pump action and powered by 12-grams you are good to go.

With the warmer temps now in March it should be nice and warm for camping out in May!

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass and Wood Fan
Hey Titus you can put down for a box of that large Nelson paint. @ Mike I used a gun with a horizontal stick feed at the TAC game before. I have an extra horizontal feed if you need one.
MY FEEDBACK

Parallax 47 Photography
dgorman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass and Wood Fan
Awesome, thanks for the reply slim. Dgorman, I already have a few kicking around so I think I'm good to go but thanks for the offer!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast