mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

AKA Fan
LoL, if you can get a Thumper working for a whole day I'd say that counts.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Its a stretch. Maybe half day then I'll play the Phantom when the Thumper poops out.
Christian p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thumper? Metadyne thumper?

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

wow, looks pretty.

Smiley
Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Where do we post threads of our builds? I'd like to post what's wrong with the Thumper.

Also, I'm counting shipping costs as a "mod" to keep it under the $65 price. USPS charged $17.30 for shipping priority so it went over $65 to get it to me, but I paid $57.70 for the marker since the total was $75 delivered.

Last edited by Christian p; 05-23-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian p View Post
Where do we post threads of our builds? I'd like to post what's wrong with the Thumper.

Also, I'm counting shipping costs as a "mod" to keep it under the $65 price. USPS charged $17.30 for shipping priority so it went over $65 to get it to me, but I paid $57.70 for the marker since the total was $75 delivered.

Hi,

We just got the MBoB Forum back up and we are in the middle of cleaning it up from Spammers. After the first week in June, we will have the entry fee details and the posting details on here for everyone to utilize.

As for the cost...Well, rules say that the marker can't go over $65 in acquisition value. Although the rules say nothing about shipping costs being considered in the value. So, it could be argued for this contest that the value of <$65 be the marker itself. To be honest, this is a loop hole that we did not consider when writing up the rules.

What do you think?

Smiley
Old 05-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I'd say let him enter it. I'm well under the $65 even with shipping included but I think he's close enough that it stays within the spirit of the competition.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tao of Kow

I agree that the cost of the marker should NOT include the shipping price as the spirit and intent of the rule is to find a marker in that range and shouldn't take into account it was shipped from Iceland for $45.

I am in the same boat as Millar156 in that I lucked out for $20 on an old shoebox Impulse that has more leaks than Edward Snowden.

I also feel that not including shipping on ordered parts is in line with the intent of the contest...but I leave that decision to the contest organizers. I just can't wait to see what everyone brings to the party. I may end up blowing my budget on a solenoid and duct tape.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

Thanks guys. The thumper has some issues that maybe questionable to diagnose. I replaced o-rings tonight to stop a leak but the hammer spring needs rebuilt. That can be challenging. I never built springs.

I'm going to polish her too so more labor than parts will be done, I like to make stick feed, but tubular metal isn't my forte. Might leave her stock class but some mods are needed. Maybe I'll polish a barrel.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast