mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rookie 3man, Westminster, MD, need one man!

Hey guys (and Gals) living near or in the Westminster/Taney Town, MD area! My name is Clay Yost and I am the captain of a new 3 man team forming to compete in local, rookie tournaments.

Here are the requirements for all interested, please ask any questions you may have.

We are a Christian PB team and expect our members to respect, if not follow our beliefs.

Must be at least 16 years of age.

Must own your own equipment, players with Smart Parts equipment need not apply as we do not agree with their business practices and refuse to support them as a whole.

All applicants must have a mode of transportation and steady employment.

Applicants with a large ego or obsessively competitive mindset are not needed or wanted. Yes we plan to compete, and we plan to win. But we are not dreaming of the NPPL. Sportsmanship and love of the game are characteristics we are looking for (i.e. no agglets!)

Less than one tournament experience, this is a must in order to abide by the "rookie" rule set.

We currently have no sponsors, no uniform, and basic tourney equipment, we are simply ready to take the step from "game" to "sport" and need a third man to do it. Come as you are, all serious interests will be considered.

Email @ Teamrisen@Gmail.com
Signature #5015 Petition against the Smart Parts Monopoly!

PB4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm in Ellicott City, MD(about 15 minutes outside of Baltimore). I just sold my Buzzard though, so right now all i have is my back-up(PGP, maverick).

Do you guys have any preferences for what you want a team mate to shoot? I only shoot pumps(I've played with every gun imaginable though, in my 7 years(off and on) of paintball)

I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get myself a new marker, probably in a few weeks.

- RobertNestaMarley
JeremyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

No real preference for what you shoot (aside from the anti-smart parts decree ha ha) As long as you're good with it and can compete against semis, there is no problem with using a pump.

Just to clarify, when I say "we" I mean my cousin and myself. I am 17, been playing for somewhere around 7 years and predominantly use pump markers. I've only played rec, and occasional speed ball, but never air ball. My cousin (20) has been playing for about 4 years and has sampled a little bit of everything. The local rookie tourneys are "woods" based. So basically rec fields.

What we want out of a team is growth, we want to work our way up and enjoy doing it.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

I may be able to join in but I am not too big on tournies. I will play them but prefer rec.

I am located in Phoenix MD which is near cockeysville/timonium/towson area.

If you still need a person, when my leg heals, I can play with ya.

I am 18 too and can shoot anything other than an electro. Blazer, mag or vector mostly.
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

we're trying to keep is as local as possible, we're not going to be playing all over the state, mostly in fredrick and carroll counties and perhaps a few fields in PA (We're right on the border) but if you're interested in playing sometime just shoot an email out way and we can hook something up.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm not big on SP either, I'm 20 - in Howard County. Transportation isn't a big issue for me though.

I've played plenty of speedball and airball in my last few years, almost exclusively actually. I can more than compete with semi's on the airball field - in rec it's a little more difficult because people are so much further apart its easier to just 'walk' your paint on them. Never 'played' in any serious tourneys - but I've coached a few times for a few teams, even some that play at Taney(misfit toys, a few years ago, my buddy was one of their best backplayers). I'm definitely interested. I'll E-mail you sometime before the end of this month and maybe we can play together one sunday.

- RobertNestaMarley
JeremyW is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast