mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-31-2017, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
The gravel road isn't rutted out like it used to be. But, the stones they use now are very large. I'm talking stones maybe about the size of a golf ball or so. I need to drive slowly in my Altima to keep the ride as smooth as possible. As long as you take it easy, you should be fine though. For those coming in for the first time, be very careful and watch your speed as you approach the field. There's a dip in the road right before their driveway that's been rutted out by people who took the hill too fast and bottomed out. So, mind the speed limit.

The fields are a mixture of wooded fields of varying sizes and open fields with a variety of bunkers and small structures. It looks like their website is down at the moment for maintenance. But, you'll be able to see photos once their page is back up. I know Darwin also took video of some of them the last time he was there for the Paintball 101 game a while back. I'm hoping that their construction project on Little Baghdad will be complete by this game. The field used to be a speedball field with wooden bunkers and barrels. The last time I was there, they were building a CQB style structure on one end for attack & defend style games. I wasn't able to play it though as it was still under construction. The fields are, for the most part, all situated on either side of a dirt road that runs the length of the property with the staging area on one end and their "castle field" at the other end. It's a large park so be prepared to walk back from time to time for air & paint.

The staging area consists of a permanent building which they constructed for their pro shop and repair area. They also have a series of old sea cans which they use for their air station and rentals. There's a small covered pavilion with a few picnic tables as well as wire spools scattered about. Restroom facilities consist of a Porta-John at the front of the staging area. As for food and drink, I recommend bringing your own but they often order pizza upon request.

In my experience, reffing has been good and safety is taken very seriously. They deal with violations using a strike system. The first time you get a warning. The second time, you sit out a game. The third time, you're done for the day. Fighting results in immediate ejection. So, I have yet to see anyone doing anything stupid more than a couple times - usually new players taking their masks off. Generally, bunkering is not allowed except for on certain fields which the refs will remind players of at the time (the snake on Little Baghdad is one such example).

I think I've covered the highlights. But if you have any questions, please let me know.
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Grrr. I miss Linglestown, but I'm trying to make PBDepots game a priority for the coming year to try to grow our local scene.
We shall see.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Grrr. I miss Linglestown, but I'm trying to make PBDepots game a priority for the coming year to try to grow our local scene.
We shall see.
Come on over. Darwin is going to draw some Depot players over too.
My Feedback Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Just over a month to go. It looks like interest is pretty good too based on what I'm seeing on the Facebook event page.
My Feedback Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mod Fodder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Woot woot

Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Nerd

Chappy, we should try to get the Depot crowd out the PA for this one! The NJ and PA pump scenes can join forces, and together, we CAN CONQUER...a field in NJ or PA one Saturday a month?
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, etc. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Since their site still appears to be down, Here are a few photos & videos to give you an idea of what to expect and how the fields are laid out.

As you can see, about half of the fields are wooded and the other half are out in the open.

The most commonly played fields are First Field, Lumberjack, Trenches, Lil Baghdad, Fort Hunter and Castle.

Here is a good video showing off their back fields.
https://vimeo.com/143174430

And here is some footage Darwin posted last year.

Footage shot on Fort Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClK0DUXddTI

Footage shot on Trenches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4k6FBerpg
My Feedback Thread
Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I confirmed with Sean today that despite the fact that the field is now on winter hours, they will be opening the gates for us at the normal time of 9 AM for this event.
My Feedback Thread
Old 10-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Following and added to my calendar - been meaning to play Linglestown for awhile now - weekend after NY vs MA III at APE - so it's possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Tippmann 98s do not have problems. You've broken the universe. Impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
Dang, I was going to give you my thesis outline
"Psycho-Sexual Paintball; an analysis of penile ejaculatory surrogacy in paintball marking devices"
Obake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
phy
MCB Member

Will they be disappointed when we're not ready to play until 11?

Also I'm in
phy is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast