mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse/Toronto area players?

Just for the heck of it, I figured I'd see if there was anyone on here besides myself (I know there's one or two other regulars.) I'd just like to get a list together of people/teams in the area so that we can try to plan games and such.

Sound off if you're from Western, NY, North Western PA, (or even Canada!)

As for me, I live in Rochester currently, most of my team is based out of Buffalo where I used to live and where the team was founded.

Our (never updated) website is here Mob Paintball, Lancaster NY, Skirmish D-Day, Skirmish ION, Action Pursuit Games, in partnership with Delta Paintball

But our active forums are here The Mob - Home

~Carter
Team Captain, The Mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Destro7976 and I live just south of Jamestown NY in PA....Destro lives literally a stones throw from the state line. If you were putting a game together (if that's the idea) we'd probably travel to it....assuming schedules work out. We went south to Pittsburgh for their pump day, my guess is we'd go north too!

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Myself and Quickling are in the Syracuse area.

There are Rabid Squirrel members located from Castille to Utica with Andy ( Amildreth on SCP ) in Rochester.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm just near Toronto and there's a ton of others in the area. My team (The Peacekeepers/UMSG JTF7) are spread out all over southern Ontario, but mostly within an hour or two drive of the border.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

I am fairly close, just outside Toronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

This would be cool if we could get an MCB get together arranged for somewhere in the Buffalo area. GRC Paintball in Belfast, NY holds a lot of good scenario games in the summer time. Have any of you checked them out? GRC Paintball - New York's Best Paintball Fields & Services - Woodsball, Speedball, XBall, Hyperpipe, Scenario , Indoor & More! - Belfast, NY

They have a 24 hour game coming up on July 26th - 27th called Tommy Gun Terror. It's hosted by Bounty Hunters Paintball Productions who always put on excellent games.

Details aren't up yet but the prices are always reasonable.

I know it's a bit of a drive for you Toronto folks. What do you guys have in the line of fields up your way? I'd love to get an idea of what's in the area for both woodsball and speedball. Even renegade stuff in someone's woods is always a good time.

~Carter

Quote:
Old 06-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
I know it's a bit of a drive for you Toronto folks. What do you guys have in the line of fields up your way? I'd love to get an idea of what's in the area for both woodsball and speedball. Even renegade stuff in someone's woods is always a good time.
Well, there's at least 2 or 3 field in the Niagara area that are pretty decent (NTAG, DMZ, SOF). There's some really nice fields a bit farther from the border (Adrenaline in London, Flag Raiders in Cambridge) and then there's the big kahuna of Ontario, Wasaga Beach Paintball. That's a good 1.5 hr drive for us, so tack on another 1.5 for you guys in NY state. They have the biggest scenario game in Ontario, and probably Canada (last year they had about 1,500+ attendence, probably closer to 1,700 - 2,000 this year).

There's a few big games/scenarios coming up in the Niagara area fields within the next month or two. Wasaga's big game is on August 16th. Adrenaline's got a big game the weekend after which looks interesting since the generals of the teams will be doods from . There's usually a few other big games in September and October, all over the place.

If anyone wants more poop on what's going down, check out GLSPB (Powered by Invision Power Board)
It's a small forum but it tries to cover the entire great lakes region, on both sides of the border.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?

Last edited by CrazyBoy78; 06-12-2008 at 11:02 AM.
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Oh cool, BountyHunters is on that message board. *saves to favorites*

Quote:
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
My 2 cents....I'd love to see a game of MCB'ers. I think the trick is finding not just a field to play at, but a field that'll work with you. Don't know if you're thinking a pump game or what. If we're all going to be driving a little bit, it'd be nice to not have to pay through the nose for paint or field fees. Most of us have been around the block a bit, and it'd be nice to see a field work with us a bit to create a cool event for MCB folks.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
My 2 cents....I'd love to see a game of MCB'ers. I think the trick is finding not just a field to play at, but a field that'll work with you. Don't know if you're thinking a pump game or what. If we're all going to be driving a little bit, it'd be nice to not have to pay through the nose for paint or field fees. Most of us have been around the block a bit, and it'd be nice to see a field work with us a bit to create a cool event for MCB folks.
I agree, and I think this would definitely be something that should be looked into. The issue we run into is that honestly, there aren't that many of us lol MCB tends to be more concentrated on the east coast area and seems to spread out quite a bit as you make your way west. We're the guys that happen to be in a weird spot, where everything is quite a drive for us to get to. That's why I'm unsure that an MCB event would be doable around here. I think it may be easier to just try and agree on a game in a location we all like and see how many we can get there. Thoughts?

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast