mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Adventure Games Closed for the Season?

Since when do they close early?

http://agpaintball.com/calendar.html

EDIT:

I always thought they closed sometime in November.... Hence why the calendar has a SPOT for november, but now just states that it is closed that month.

Last edited by Painthappy; 10-31-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
That's Cynthia for you,I don't think she realizes how much closing up early will hurt the business,either that or she doesn't care.....Oh Well,at least Fox 4 is open year round ,you can just come down here...lol
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

You are right Carter, they are usually opened into November. That is indeed why they have a November spot.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Ok.. just thought I was crazy there for a minute.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Actually the original calendar for this year had games up until around 11/19 IIRC. It was abbreviated sometime in September. Guess business has been cool all summer long. First the retail store closed unexpectedly, now the field is closing early for the season. For your sake Carter, I hope that Platnium membership of yours is transferable...
RusskiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
LOL...

It was a bad year for most places... Sad really. Seemed like most weekends it rained.

I do wish there were store hours... Winter store hours, or something. And they don't sell online. They're missing a large market I feel... Especially around Christmas time.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I talked to Cynthia about it last time I was there. She said it completely sucks those last few weeks of the year and she didn't wanna deal with pissing and moaning kids whose guns don't work on co2 or the paint bounces/breaks in gun nonstop, not to mention taking down the bunkers in the snow. TBH it was pretty bad that weekend too with all of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
LOL...

It was a bad year for most places... Sad really. Seemed like most weekends it rained.

I do wish there were store hours... Winter store hours, or something. And they don't sell online. They're missing a large market I feel... Especially around Christmas time.
They did have the Manchester store which filled that need but they closed it. As for the internet sales, we had discusses that and a couple years ago I even began working on it for them, but it was decided that they didn’t want to deal with online competition. So things are as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I talked to Cynthia about it last time I was there. She said it completely sucks those last few weeks of the year and she didn't wanna deal with pissing and moaning kids whose guns don't work on co2 or the paint bounces/breaks in gun nonstop, not to mention taking down the bunkers in the snow. TBH it was pretty bad that weekend too with all of that.
Honestly that is part of running a field in NH. There are ways to minimize this though without just closing up.

I don’t understand the “taking down the bunkers in the snow” thing though. It is not that hard to take down inflatable bunkers, even in the snow. The rest stay up. And heck, they could just close those “inflatable” fields early and use all the rest.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
the paint bounces/breaks in gun nonstop.

Two things would help her in this instance,allowing BYOP or stop storing the paint in the improper location.I find the only time their paint is any good is right at around the middle of the season after they've restocked and finally used up the leftovers from the prior season.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I know what you are saying Sam about the online bit.. But honestly... I'd LOVE to just buy stuff online, and then drive over and pick it up say a week later.

Not drive all the way there... find out they DON'T have what I want... and leave empty handed, and just buying online anyhow.

They would get a LOT of sales that way. People will buy there, just to save on shipping. And pick it up a week or so later, next time they were there.

Or sometimes if I'm fixing a gun, and just need to have that part. I can buy it, and pick it up. Or look online and see that they don't have it, and save my butt the time driving.

I honestly think they're missing a big market that way. And if not big, then just me

They have open source (read: Free) programs to do this.. heck Palmers is running one right now for their store. It's free!!!

And it would just be some labor/time to input and keep it up, but once running, inventory shouldn't be that difficult.

... Wow... just ranting here... Time to go...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast