mcarterbrown.com  

Noxx55 Customs Noxx55 Customs on MCB

Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #391 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
.........isn't there a 45 day window to file a claim?

Jaccen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #392 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
I honestly don't know.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #393 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I think claim only work if the person haven't withdraw the money from the account and/or if paypal have a way to recover it.
pk5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #394 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
I think claim only work if the person haven't withdraw the money from the account and/or if paypal have a way to recover it.
Well if I paid by credit card, I might be able to set something going. Does anyone remember what year and month this all went down?
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #395 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by himurax13 View Post
Well if I paid by credit card, I might be able to set something going. Does anyone remember what year and month this all went down?
According to the pre-order thread, you expressed interest on August 12, 2008.

Feedback
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #396 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
According to the pre-order thread, you expressed interest on August 12, 2008.
Crap, almost 6 years ago. Thanks.
Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #397 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
no, there isn't...

i had to dispute a claim on my paypal from 6 or 7 years ago.

here's the way it goes down: if you paid with a credit card, you can dispute it by claiming "someone else" was using your card fraudulently.
that sounds pretty weak but that's what i had to dispute.

if you paid via regular paypal you can dispute the claim but you can NOT recover any funds.
the dispute will be logged against the account of the offender, nothing will happen that you can see but it will be an internal flag within paypal.

i would suggest that anyone that wants to do any of this to start making phone calls and consider the ramifications.
i went through this for the group of us that are trying to motivate scarecrow to make good on what he owes.

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #398 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well I just looked at my paypal account from August 2008. Jesus, I was a paintball whore, haha.

Anywhoo, $200 was paid by cc and the rest was paid with my paypal balance.

I don't think I could claim that my card was fraudulently used but I am starting to wonder if I should file a small claims case even though its in a different state.
Quote:
My MCB Feedback
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himurax13 View Post
Well I just looked at my paypal account from August 2008. Jesus, I was a paintball whore, haha.

Anywhoo, $200 was paid by cc and the rest was paid with my paypal balance.

I don't think I could claim that my card was fraudulently used but I am starting to wonder if I should file a small claims case even though its in a different state.
I'd happily help foot that legal bill if you have a name and address to actually serve!
IamTheWarChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #400 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
no, there isn't...

i had to dispute a claim on my paypal from 6 or 7 years ago.

here's the way it goes down: if you paid with a credit card, you can dispute it by claiming "someone else" was using your card fraudulently.
that sounds pretty weak but that's what i had to dispute.

if you paid via regular paypal you can dispute the claim but you can NOT recover any funds.
the dispute will be logged against the account of the offender, nothing will happen that you can see but it will be an internal flag within paypal.

i would suggest that anyone that wants to do any of this to start making phone calls and consider the ramifications.
i went through this for the group of us that are trying to motivate scarecrow to make good on what he owes.

Well, by that, the only way you can dispute is if you commit a form of fraud. To get me wrong--I totally hope there's a solution to this mess where everyone ends up relatively satisfied. But small claims is likely your only option.

I go by this when I order things. To each their own.

Quote:
Buyer Complaint Process

PayPal works hard to make transactions within our community safe.

If you are unable to resolve a dispute with a seller, you may file a claim that a PayPal investigating agent will review. Before you file a claim:
Check the Help Center. You often can get quick answers to your questions. In fact, you may find filing a claim is not necessary

Make sure PayPal was used to pay for the item(s) in dispute

Check the date! All claims must be filed within 45 days of the transaction or the claim will be denied

Be ready to provide agents as much relevant information as possible. Buyers who don't respond when asked will have their claims cancelled. Sellers who don't respond will default the claim, which automatically refunds the buyer

If it's an eBay purchase, review the listing. The information found there will be used to evaluate the claim
For more information, review the User Agreement.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...plaint-outside

Also of interest:

Quote:
13. Protection for Buyers.
13.1 Types of Problems Covered. PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) helps you if you encounter either of these problems:

You did not receive the item you paid for with PayPal – “Item Not Received” (INR); or

You received an item you paid for with PayPal but it is “Significantly Not as Described” (SNAD) (as described below)

If your problem is a transaction that you did not authorize, please report the unauthorized transaction through the Security and Protection page.

An item is “Significantly Not as Described” if it is materially different from what the Seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
The item was damaged during shipment.
An item is not Significantly Not as Described if it is materially similar to the Seller’s item listing description. Here are some examples:
The defect in the item was correctly described by the Seller.
The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
13.2 Eligibility Requirements.

To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:

Pay for the eligible item from your Account.

Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.

Send the payment to the Seller through:

the eBay “Pay Now” button or the eBay invoice; or

the Send Money tab on the PayPal website, by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s checkout flow.

Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.

Have an Account in good standing.

For items purchased on eBay look for either a PayPal or eBay purchase or buyer protection message in the eBay listing. If you see a message, and you meet the eligibility requirements, then your purchase is covered by PayPal Purchase Protection. The purchase or buyer protection message will vary based on the eBay website. The message must appear on the top part of the listing and not under the “Description” or “Shipping and Payments” tabs. If the listing does not include the purchase or buyer protection message, then it is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

-Intangible items, including Digital Goods
-Services
-Real estate, including residential property
-Businesses
-Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
-Custom made items
-Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
-Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
-Items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including at the retail point of sale
-Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
-Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
-Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
-PayPal Direct Payments
-Virtual Terminal Payments
-Personal Payments

Even if your payment is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, you can file a Dispute and try to resolve the issue directly with the Seller; however, PayPal will generally not find in your favor if you escalate a Dispute to a Claim for an item which is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/u...ale.x=en_CA#13

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule (as Freedom points out). I seem to remember something about a 180 day window to reopen cases, too.

Jaccen is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » Noxx55 Customs