-   Old Gun Tech (
-   -   brass eagle rainmaker PLEASE HELP (

slyman920 04-16-2013 02:04 AM

brass eagle rainmaker PLEASE HELP
ok so im in the charlotte nc area and just got my have on a pre 99 rainmaker and was wonder if any one lived in the the area that might be able to help with it i can find amanual on line for this one and dont know were to start i was told it leaks but i put fresh batteries and turn it on but dont know if its on or not is there some for of indecator such as light or click with trigger pull.
im really lost on this one but really want to get it working again so if you do or dont live in the area i could use some advice.
ps i dont have a tank right now cause i have not found on i could afford so i cant air it up.

Spider! 04-16-2013 03:21 PM

Don't know about NC, but you'll find more info here...

Brass Eagle -

and here...

MCB's Paintball Library - Paintball Gun Manuals sorted by Manufacturer Eagle

slyman920 04-16-2013 05:28 PM

I should probably point out it is pre 99

blackrain 04-17-2013 11:47 PM

There is suppose to be a light when you turn it on. Also you should be able to hear the solenoid click. Open it up and let's see a picture of it. You might even have to time the carrier. I'll post the measurement picture tomorrow. All Rainmakers function the same, they just had different boards.
Blackrain :)

slyman920 04-18-2013 03:19 AM

so there is no light i did get in to it but did not take any pics ill get in to it tomarrow and get pics.

slyman920 04-18-2013 02:47 PM

Spider! 04-18-2013 04:26 PM

I don't remember a light on there, but definitely you would hear that solenoid click.

check the wiring from the battery pack to the board and back to the solenoid. Look for flat spots that got caught in the covers or frame and squashed. Make sure the wires are attached well to the battery holder. When the packs fall out, they yank the wires.

Also, I don't think there's anything that enforces the orientation of the power switch and it could be upside down, so check the trigger with the switch in both positions. You can tell by looking at the wires which way is on, the end with wire on it, while there is another wire toward the middle.

That looks like a nice stock rainmaker.

slyman920 04-18-2013 06:15 PM

so i disconected the battery terminal and put a 9v to the wires and got a silenoid click one time there is a flat spot on one of the trigger wires

Jordan 04-18-2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by slyman920 (Post 2687554)
so i disconected the battery terminal and put a 9v to the wires and got a silenoid click one time there is a flat spot on one of the trigger wires

You've now fried the board.

The older boards are not supposed to be run on 9v with a voltage regulator to drop the voltage to 6v.

blackrain 04-18-2013 10:50 PM

There is a light on the board. It's not soldered on in the picture.