mcarterbrown.com  

Old Gun Tech Specific how-to's on fixing and tuning in those old guns

Old 10-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

Scepter launcher

I ran across a scepter 40mm launcher that I picked up for what I think is a decent price. I only bought it because I found a place that carries 40mm rockets and figured I would give it a try. I have always carried a law for scenario games, but have been wanting to build something lighter. The metadyne's and havoc's were always outta my price range. Anybody have any experience with the scepter? I know it used an external air source. I am looking at making it a "stand alone launcher". What kind of operating pressure does it need? I am assuming that the knob on the top is the trigger?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scepter.jpg (258.3 KB, 267 views)
Old 10-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
A couple of guys on my team used to have these, we even have the mortar they made.
problem with using them at scenarios were they needed a regulated input and over pressure relief, and then they didn't shoot standard nerfs, so it became a pain to get them qualified for use.

I think they worked OK, but they never saw much application because of this
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

Any idea on what the working pressure is for these? I have yet to test it, because I am not sure what the input pressure should be. I have some smaller 40mm rockets ordered that I am anxious to try out and see what kind of range I am looking at with them.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gunz View Post
Any idea on what the working pressure is for these? I have yet to test it, because I am not sure what the input pressure should be. I have some smaller 40mm rockets ordered that I am anxious to try out and see what kind of range I am looking at with them.
I still have one but haven't used it in years due to the ammo. You can use nerfs but they are tight. I used to put a rubberband around the center of the nerf bulb. This squished it in and made it easy to muzzle load. I ran mine at the same pressure as my tank. 850 psi I believe.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

I had to order a rebuild kit (O-rings) but finally got it almost finished. Got to test it with the new rockets the other day and I am happy with it. The 40mm rockets from 40mm m203 foam rounds fit perfect and shoot good. If I am quick enough on the trigger, it looks like I can get 2 shots out of a 12 gram. I will probably be using a 13ci tank on a remote though. The rockets were my main concern. Now that I know they work, I will be ordering more.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but is there any chance you could snap some pictures of the internals?
Cyrus-the-virus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » Old Gun Tech