mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Outlaw / Private Fields (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/outlaw-private-fields/)
-   -   How To Patch an Air Bunker?! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/outlaw-private-fields/169086-how-patch-air-bunker.html)

super_stanchy 07-16-2011 08:55 PM

How To Patch an Air Bunker?!

Im askin because my googlefu is weak (im tired, long weak)

How have you (personally)?
How have you seen someone else?
Who knows a good trick?

TO FIX HOLES on airbunkers?!

I have a few that have busted seams (3" to 18") and need to make them seal!

I would prefer a lower cost, but will look at anything!

HELPPPPP

blackrain 07-16-2011 10:21 PM

Are they hemmed seals? If so then have them sewn and shoe goo or you can use that new stuff called glu that's advertised on TV. Either way glue has to be used.

Or cut cordura strips. Use Glued for inside and outside. Then lay a weight on them over night.

Later,
Blackrain:D

Darkapollo 07-16-2011 10:52 PM

Rubber cement works wonders..

kuhn101 07-17-2011 03:34 AM

Never fixed one but would a tire patch work

mrmag11 07-20-2011 09:09 PM

I can help if you want to shoot me a PM. I watched Simon from SupAir fix many at the NPPL events. When he stopped coming, we (the refs) had to do the repairs, so I got kinda handy at that.

Tugboater203 07-20-2011 11:00 PM

Make sure you have a lot of extra material. You want at least 2-3 inches on any side of the cut. I happen to have a whole bunker to use since I destroyed it with the mower, the recommended glue is hc-66. make sure everything is clean and follow the directions.

punkncat 07-21-2011 11:13 AM

We have tried a variety of ways to make repairs on our sup-air bunkers. I can tell you now, gorilla glue, no
rubber cement, no
super glue, no
silicon adhesive, no

Most everything we have tried has not worked, especially when on seams or corners, and the ones that come up around the tie-downs.
Later on, and I am not sure what the name of the stuff is...but it is a fiberglass weave that you lay on much like doing bodywork. First you lay down a rubber cement-like glue, put the fiberglass patch over the bad spot and then cover again with the glue. Takes 24 hours to cure and is better than the bunker was to start with. I have no idea what it is called, it may not even be designed for paintball, but was the only thing we found that would stand up to the job.

freebird 07-21-2011 01:38 PM

i use a pot scrubber pad to rough up the rubber around the area, then clean with an alch wipe. Sup air and other companies make bunker repair glue, in my opinion. Hit up the home depot and look for heavy duty UTV adhesive. Make sure its UV resistant. and i have a really old cut up bunker i use to make patches.

Critical 07-21-2011 01:40 PM

I wonder if spraying the green stuff, or whatever it's called, that's for the inside of bike and car tires might help? Just an oddball thought.

coyote 07-21-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critical (Post 1927265)
I wonder if spraying the green stuff, or whatever it's called, that's for the inside of bike and car tires might help? Just an oddball thought.

The green stuff is called "slime"