mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #61 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Yeah, safety is hard... Especially without refs...

Anyone who opens up their home for games, is at risk of being sued (fields have the same issue). Life is full of risks, and you do what you can.

I do my best, and talk about what could happen in the safety speech before we play. When I started I had no clue about what "should" be done, as I had never played paintball before. We are getting better, as now I ask everyone to bring barrel bags, and use them (or air off your marker, lots of guys use remote lines, and when the game is over, depressurize their markers).

We only play for about 3 hours per day, so the original chrono is what I do. I have a handheld in my bag, and if someone changes markers, we can check it if needed.

Any tips would be appreciated...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #62 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

As i stated earlier, changing paint often changes velocity, sometimes in large amounts. I noticed you and others mix paint frequently, and use multiple types of paint. Chrono for each paint is my general philosophy.

Also pet peeve:
Stop bragging on how the planned day's "high will be **, which is perfect weather for paintball"....you seem to be forgetting the fact you typically like to be done playing by Noon....3-4 hours before the day's "High" is usually reached...like i think for this weekend, you will be lucky to see temps over 35* WHILE you are playing. (imho)
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #63 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I shot Snarky... heh, heh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkjSvo2CT6k

link for mobile
Tippmanns! Signage! Snarky goes viral - YouTube
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #64 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Oh, and I almost forgot, ask anyone who has tried to film paintball. They get an amazing shot in a game, and can't wait to get home to see if they captured it on video...

Only to download the footage and find the guy was too far away for their action cam to SEE anything... ARRGH.

Well, I don't have that problem anymore now that I play with my ZoomCam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5td1wS4j9Hg

Link for mobile
Paintball Awesome Headshot 20X ZoomCam Trails of Doom 3.23.13 - YouTube

Go pro game footage from the other team is here.

Paintball Vlogs: Commando Diaries - YouTube

and here

terrenceromano's channel - YouTube

This is Terry, he is a beast on the field... He has his go pro 3 mounted on his barrel in this video. A pretty cool perspective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIujflMNDuY
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #65 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Oh, and I almost forgot, ask anyone who has tried to film paintball. They get an amazing shot in a game, and can't wait to get home to see if they captured it on video...

Only to download the footage and find the guy was too far away for their action cam to SEE anything... ARRGH.

Well, I don't have that problem anymore now that I play with my ZoomCam.

*video*
Actually, dude was only what, 50-60 ft away? Your helmet cam caught the action nicely. Also, collar shot. Not "headshot". The ZoomCam really helps you zoom in to see the ball hitting his collar, and not the mask. Just sayin.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #66 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
Actually, dude was only what, 50-60 ft away? Your helmet cam caught the action nicely. Also, collar shot. Not "headshot". The ZoomCam really helps you zoom in to see the ball hitting his collar, and not the mask. Just sayin.
If you watch again it bounces off the mask first before hitting him in the collar.

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Ever on a ROLL, busting through your opponents defenses, when all of a sudden...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMxrskkv1EY

link for mobile viewers.
Ultimate Humiliation Woodsball Paintball Awesome Game HenryCam, ZoomCam and TerryCam?... - YouTube

I wanted to try out a new barrel system I have been working on, called the MonsterSpin (Flatline, with Apex 2 on the end), so I took it to Paintball Junkeez and played a game with it on Saturday. The local photographer saw me and snapped a pretty cool picture of it.

Here is game footage of a few games before I got it out. Ever seen two paintballs hit a guy in the dome from 20 feet away... and BOUNCE!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNzyxU96xEM

Link for mobile viewers
Paintball Junkeez 4.27.2013 by Trails of Doom FPS ZoomCam footage - YouTube

I've got to edit the MonsterSpin barrel game next.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Ever seen two paintballs hit a guy in the dome from 20 feet away... and BOUNCE!?!

YEP..
actually seen more bounce from closer.. Monsterball and Marbilizer SUCK..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #69 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I couldn't believe they both bounced like that... I was using a fairly brittle paint too (scenario woodsball) course I bought it back in January... But still it just shows how easily paint will bounce if it hits something soft.

I finally finished the MonsterSpin barrel video. This thing is amazing, it has so many settings, I have used a bunch of paint just to watch the different flight paths!

Link for mobile.
MonsterSpin Paintball Barrel System! Flatline PLUS Apex 2 Flattest Shots Ever + Crazy Dive Bombs! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJZfHn5w-c
Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
So what happens when you put the apex2 on a max curve down setting and use it with the flat line.

Does it fly like a normal paintball?

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields